Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Starting a job watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Basically, my last exam is a2 economics on Thursday and then on Monday I start as a trainee accountant which I am looking forward to but wish I had some time off to relax. What am I supposed to do on my first day? Do I just go to to reception and be like "it's my first day"? I'm really scared 😂

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's exactly what you'll do. Then they'll get the relevant person to come and meet you.
    Just remember to be friendly, and don't be afraid of making mistakes! You're there to learn!

ReputationRep:
    yeh just show up and theyll help u out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09craige)
    Basically, my last exam is a2 economics on Thursday and then on Monday I start as a trainee accountant which I am looking forward to but wish I had some time off to relax. What am I supposed to do on my first day? Do I just go to to reception and be like "it's my first day"? I'm really scared 😂
    Do you have the name of the person who hired you? If not, it is worth finding out who they are. But other than that - yes, you just pop in and off you go. First couple of days are a doddle, mainly consisting of setting up your PC which probably won't have been ordered when you arrive, sorting out your desk, meeting the team and other trivia.

Good luck and let the lack of a break be a lesson to you. Next job, give yourself a week or so to unwind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    Do you have the name of the person who hired you? If not, it is worth finding out who they are. But other than that - yes, you just pop in and off you go. First couple of days are a doddle, mainly consisting of setting up your PC which probably won't have been ordered when you arrive, sorting out your desk, meeting the team and other trivia.

Good luck and let the lack of a break be a lesson to you. Next job, give yourself a week or so to unwind.
    Thanks, I do know who hired me but he is the director so I doubt I'll be working with him. Do i need to take anything with me? Like my debit card so they can sort out payroll?
    Also, I didnt choose to start working so soon after my exams. In the interview they asked when my last exam was and then in the job offer, this was just the date I was given. I do get 27 days holiday a year though so it's not too bad.
    Looking forward to spending at least the next four yeas of my life there!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.