Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok so I have been talking to a girl for about a year now, we don't find it difficult to have conversation or anything and she always seems dead flirty through looks and everything when we see each other.

I asked her out on a date last year and she said she'd love to go, but couldn't as she had exams coming up (which is true, she did have exams within a month). We still talk to each other regularly, and get along well still.
    Do you think I should ask her out on a date again now exams are over? Or do you think she's not interested?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I would go for it just to test the waters, because if she likes you she will say yes it was probably just because she needed to concentrate on her exams the first time, but if it doesn't work out it sounds like you could probably go back to being friends

(Original post by Emily_Lynch)
    I would go for it just to test the waters, because if she likes you she will say yes it was probably just because she needed to concentrate on her exams the first time, but if it doesn't work out it sounds like you could probably go back to being friends
    Ok thanks for the reply! If she says no then do you know any ways to make it less awkward between us both?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you friend-zoned yourself; you shot yourself in the foot by not asking her out soon after the exams were over, as opposed to doing what you've done now which is wait a year to make a move.

Still, you never know.

Ask her out on a date. If she gives you an excuse this time around then you'll going to have to drop the idea of you two getting together. Whether or not you can maintain a friendship after that is your call.

All the best! Let us know how it goes!

(Original post by SpiritSharD;[url="tel:65968730")
    65968730[/url]]Sounds like you friend-zoned yourself; you shot yourself in the foot by not asking her out soon after the exams were over, as opposed to doing what you've done now which is wait a year to make a move.

Still, you never know.

Ask her out on a date. If she gives you an excuse this time around then you'll going to have to drop the idea of you two getting together. Whether or not you can maintain a friendship after that is your call.

All the best! Let us know how it goes!
    Ok will do! I don't know when I'll do it, I'm just being patient waiting for be right time

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.