Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have just started talking to this girl she is really beautiful however I havent seen her in the flesh yet only seen her on facebook. I was wandering what is the best way of trying to get to know her and eventually getting with her. What i'm scared of is me maybe freaking her out as I don't really know her has anybody got any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willj98)
    I have just started talking to this girl she is really beautiful however I havent seen her in the flesh yet only seen her on facebook. I was wandering what is the best way of trying to get to know her and eventually getting with her. What i'm scared of is me maybe freaking her out as I don't really know her has anybody got any advice?
    You have deduced something without being shown true evidence.....

in any case she could be a catfish, arrange a time and place to meet up, if they refuse on multiple occasions then you may assume they're fake(give them the benefit of the doubt first few times)

ReputationRep:
    You should face time before meeting anyone.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Take things one step at a time. If you're already thinking about sex when you haven't even seen her in real life then you will find it difficult to reach that stage.or be disappointed if it doesn't work.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at anyone falling in love with a girl he's never even seen on cam :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic Member)
    Lol at anyone falling in love with a girl he's never even seen on cam :rofl:
    Well, he didn't say he was in love, but I still see your point. It's kind of silly to have lust for anyone you haven't seen, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Well, he didn't say he was in love, but I still see your point. It's kind of silly to have lust for anyone you haven't seen, too.
    I shouldn't have said love you are right, but generally she probably just wants to have fun so while he is obsessing about how to catch her as if she is a prized animal, she is probably chilling in a club and actually living her life.

ReputationRep:
    How did you meet?

Just ask her if she'd want to meet up for coffee or X event sometime. If she says yes, don't treat it as a date; treat it as a way to get to know her, but by all means escalate if things are going well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    How did you meet?

Just ask her if she'd want to meet up for coffee or X event sometime. If she says yes, don't treat it as a date; treat it as a way to get to know her, but by all means escalate if things are going well.
    I added her on facebook mainly we have a lot of mutual freinds. I thought if I send her a freind request and start talking to her maybe I could get something going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willj98)
    I added her on facebook mainly we have a lot of mutual freinds. I thought if I send her a freind request and start talking to her maybe I could get something going
    The fact she accepted AND has been responding to your messages is a good enough sign, my friend.

Not sure how your conversations are going, but if they're going well do as I said and you should be golden!

ReputationRep:
    My friend, Tinder has taught me one thing: Catfish

Facetime first, then meet up

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.