Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so the whole of my life I have thought of myself as a girl but recently it has come to my attention that apparently according to my parents and my friends I act like a boy , dress like a boy, and is persieved as quite a masculine person which up until recently I never actually realised. I was just me and I didn't even think that by liking something like say batman meant I was looked on as quite a masculine person to my family and friends , but has really confused me now because although I have always self identified as a girl does this make me a boy inside. I have no idea...I don't even know where to start. also ive always been pretty confident I am straight but now since this has sort of been thrown at me I'm starting to question my sexuality and its all sort of messed up right now and I kind of need help.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    so the whole of my life I have thought of myself as a girl but recently it has come to my attention that apparently according to my parents and my friends I act like a boy , dress like a boy, and is persieved as quite a masculine person which up until recently I never actually realised. I was just me and I didn't even think that by liking something like say batman meant I was looked on as quite a masculine person to my family and friends , but has really confused me now because although I have always self identified as a girl does this make me a boy inside. I have no idea...I don't even know where to start. also ive always been pretty confident I am straight but now since this has sort of been thrown at me I'm starting to question my sexuality and its all sort of messed up right now and I kind of need help.
    If you think of yourself as a girl, you're a girl. If you think of yourself as a boy, you're a boy. You can be a "masculine" girl or a "feminine" guy, it doesn't automatically make you transgender unless you don't actually see yourself as a girl.

You're a Girl - If you have XX Chomosomes lol... It's 1 of 2 Genders you are born with - One of the other.

If you act like a boy, good for you - Don't mean anything.

ReputationRep:
    There are plenty of girls who enjoy "masculine" activities and plenty of men who enjoy "feminine" activities. The issue here is the labeling of activities as being for a certain gender, not the gender of the person.

What you enjoy doing is completely unrelated to your gender and if you have the body of a girl and identify as a girl, you are a girl, it's as simple as that. Trans/non-binary people have the body of a gender, but fundamentally are/see/believe they are a different gender, it's not a case of they like batman, so they must be a boy.

You just do you and don't worry about what other people think of your interests.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.