Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I already have a place on a masters at Coventry but I've found a brilliant alternative at London South Bank. It's a slightly different course but it sounds really appealing, the fees are cheaper and I can commute to London easily for lectures.

Then I found out South Bank is pretty poorly ranked and doesn't have the best reputation. Typical! Coventry has a great rep and is about 50 on the rankings so it's course V uni really.

Is ranking/reputation as important with a masters? I have a pretty good work experience already but obviously I want the best chance at elevating my job prospects.

ReputationRep:
    Subject/course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    Subject/course?
    Social and Digital Media MSc
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Reputation overall doesn't matter, You want to focus on the course and whether it fits with what you want/need. Visit and have a look around to get a feel for the place. This will help you work out if you'll be happy there and if there are any issues.

Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.