Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I must have seen about 40 or 50 leave posters within 10 miles of my home, yet I've only ever seem 1 remain poster and that was only today.

I have got one idea but I'm not too sure about it - I live in North Devon, where as much as I hate to admit it, there are more right wing individuals down here, even my girlfriends father to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Leavers appear to be much more vocal, from what I've experienced.

ReputationRep:
    Where you live is be a big factor. I have received more remain leaflets than leave.

ReputationRep:
    In Oxfordshire I don't think I've seen any leave posters, quite a few remain one's though... but I don't exactly get out much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gherk)
    Leavers appear to be much more vocal, from what I've experienced.
    I just don't understand, I thought the current polls say it's about 50/50 as to whether people want to leave or remain yet no remainers actually do anything locally to help their campaign. (You may have guessed from this that I am in favour of remaining).

ReputationRep:
    Leavers are proud.

Remainers are ashamed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    In Oxfordshire I don't think I've seen any leave posters, quite a few remain one's though... but I don't exactly get out much.
    Just as I thought, it seems it's due to the local area then I guess.

ReputationRep:
    because people wanna leave i guess :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    Leavers are proud.

Remainers are ashamed.
    Not exactly the correct thing to say. People who support either one are proud. The only ones who have to feel ashamed are the ones who bend the facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattinfenwa)
    Not exactly the correct thing to say. People who support either one are proud.
    You said it yourself, the polls are neck and neck. What other explanation would you give for so many Leave posters and so few Remain (it is similar in my area too).

ReputationRep:
    Because the leave ones are the edgy ones.

The remain side is more calm and collected and it doesnt take much convincing to get intelligent people to vote remain.

The leave side must do all they can to get the plebs to vote for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    You said it yourself, the polls are neck and neck. What other explanation would you give for so many Leave posters and so few Remain (it is similar in my area too).
    I can't give another explanation, that's why I am asking - to see what other people think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    Because the leave ones are the edgy ones.

The remain side is more calm and collected and it doesnt take much convincing to get intelligent people to vote remain.

The leave side must do all they can to get the plebs to vote for them.
    That's interesting. From my experience the Leave voters are those who know much more about the EU, many of whom have been wanting to leave for years. I suppose the genius Sir James Dyson is a 'pleb' for backing Leave?

ReputationRep:
    Government will take care of this - your vote wont count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ATW1)
    That's interesting. From my experience the Leave voters are those who know much more about the EU, many of whom have been wanting to leave for years.

Then you are wrong. You're more likely to vote remain if you have a degree for starters.

(Original post by ATW1)
    I suppose the genius Sir James Dyson is a 'pleb' for backing Leave?
    Ahh yes the traitor who outsourced for cheaper labour. He's irrelevant.This is one globalist compared to the overwhelming number who say leave will damage the economy.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.