Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hiii people -

I've just finished my GCSEs and idk what to do with my life now that I'm not revising 24/7. I've been homeschooled, and although I'm going to college in September I have hardly any friends and for that reason I have basically no plans for the entire summer, and I live in a really small town with dodgy public transport and no buses after 6 so idk what to do this summer because I don't want to just waste it sitting around on the internet doing nothing.

I'd appreciate any suggestions! )

ReputationRep:
    get yourself a raspberry pi 3 (or earlier models). So much you can do with raspberry pi. If you don't already know how to, it will help you to learn how to programme and it will in general just teach you a hell of a lot about computers and possibly electronics if you decide to do some more hardware as opposed to software projects with it. If you are going to be stuck indoors on computers, might as well learn whilst doing it. Definitely a good idea for rainy days.

If you have no idea what it even is, might be a good idea to get yourself a raspberry pi for dummies, or a similar kind of book, that said there is a huge amount of sources online for projects and help for beginners.

You might end up loving it and going on to study electrical/electronic engineering or computer science related courses. If not programming is still a useful skill to have, so many jobs these days require people with good computing skills.

ReputationRep:
    Prepare for A levels?
    No joke, A Levels were the HARDEST THING I HAVE DONE IN MY LIFE. The jump from GCSE to A level is huge and personally, as someone who is about to enter his third year of uni, take it from me when I say uni is easier than A Levels...

Aside from that, any siblings? Maybe book a day out or something, get a summer job or maybe start mingling with your mates and try and meet their mates?

EDIT:
    Maybe pick up a hobby?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hiii people -

I've just finished my GCSEs and idk what to do with my life now that I'm not revising 24/7. I've been homeschooled, and although I'm going to college in September I have hardly any friends and for that reason I have basically no plans for the entire summer, and I live in a really small town with dodgy public transport and no buses after 6 so idk what to do this summer because I don't want to just waste it sitting around on the internet doing nothing.

I'd appreciate any suggestions! )
    OMG you sound exactly like me. I just finished my IGCSE's and I'm homeschooled, AND I cant go outside do to the city being unsafe(ish).
    You can check the thread that I posted on my account, there's alot of ideas I got.

ReputationRep:
    NCS?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.