The Student Room Group

Would this look good? Smart-casual men

delete
(edited 7 years ago)
White jeans ballsy but a good look overall.
Not a fan of the white jean either but it looks good anyway
Depends on the fit, and your body shape too.
If the shirt is too big, and the jeans too long you'll look like a pillock.
Try the outfit on, then take pics of fit then post it.
delete
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes
Hell to the yes OP.

WASP chic FTW
delete
(edited 7 years ago)
Maybe swap the white trousers for tan or navy chinos. You mentioned it's a rowing race, it might be muddy and dirty white trousers will ruin the look. This outfit looks great tho! :smile:
Original post by dylantombides
What loafers and belt would you recommend?

Wear medium brown loafers which slip on, with or without a buckle, it will match the glasses and is unlikely to clash with your choice of belt.

EDIT: If you change the colour of chinos as above, disregard this post.
(edited 7 years ago)
Body shape - I am muscular (broad shoulders etc) but not like a bulky sort of muscle - more of a lean muscular look

The shirt is just your standard fit - not baggy but not tight. If anything leading ever so slightly towards the slimmer side of things but not really that tight at all.

White jeans are quite tight but its a stretch material. They finish at the perfect length. I'll probably roll them up once or twice before putting my loafers on.

Not really wanting to upload a photo as I want to remain anonymous on tsr

Sounds like it'll be a nice outfit then.
You can always block out your facial features, OP - would be nice to see the end product if you can post it.
delete
(edited 7 years ago)
Going to a posh rowing race this summer and everyone dresses fairly smart. I'm 22, male and was thinking:

Ralph Lauren shirt - pink and white vertical stripes

H&M slim fit white jeans

Ray Ban Clubmasters

Brown loafers

Brown belt to match the loafers

I'm a girl but I think it looks good. Is this posh rowing race Henley? If so, I may recognise you there as I'm going to watch my brother haha
Original post by Platopus
I'm a girl but I think it looks good. Is this posh rowing race Henley? If so, I may recognise you there as I'm going to watch my brother haha

Yes!
Yes!

Haha well then, I'll know you if I see you; don't worry I won't uncover your identity :wink: I'm going on the 29th, what about you?
Aha, I might be down there too, not sure if my brother's rowing on the day of the main event or not :holmes:
Going to a posh rowing race this summer and everyone dresses fairly smart. I'm 22, male and was thinking:

H&M slim fit white jeans

Ray Ban Clubmasters

Brown loafers

Yesssss 😎

H&M slim fit white jeans

Ray Ban Clubmasters

Brown loafers

pretty good just change the white for red, the brown for black and the ray bans for cartiers and you have it perfected along with a good horological piece (you can rent them by the day if you wish )

Quick Reply

Latest