Phone went off during an exam. :(( Watch

silestia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I had my exam today and my phone was on silent but my alarm went off (has its own volume), i completely forgot that i had my alarm turned on. I was called up the the office and she told me she's going to report me to the exam board and if they think it's a big offence and it distracted students i'm gonna get in trouble. The exam was 9 to 11 and my phone went off at 10.30. I'm kinda getting worried that i'm gonna fail because of a silly dumb mistake. Also i arrived like 5 minutes late and had to fill out a forum. panicking right now (
Anno007
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Great debate mate.
alkaline.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
omfg
ur not even supposed to take ur phones into the exam hall ... how tf did ur school let this happen?
champ_mc99
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The school's retarded for keeping phones in the same room as the exams.
AmarRPM
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Someones phone went off in an exam I was in recently, and he got disqualified from that single exam and will have to retake the exam next year. Phones aren't allowed in exams, I'm sure the invigilators must have told you this :\
EnterNamehereplz
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I am assuming you handed your phone in? If so dont worry happened to me once too. In fact happened twice don't ask why long story. I got told if it goes off once more I will get Disqualified as it could be used to help aid in a paper as in when to finish to a section. The exams officer was more angry about the paperwork lmao
EnterNamehereplz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by silestia)
I had my exam today and my phone was on silent but my alarm went off (has its own volume), i completely forgot that i had my alarm turned on. I was called up the the office and she told me she's going to report me to the exam board and if they think it's a big offence and it distracted students i'm gonna get in trouble. The exam was 9 to 11 and my phone went off at 10.30. I'm kinda getting worried that i'm gonna fail because of a silly dumb mistake. Also i arrived like 5 minutes late and had to fill out a forum. panicking right now (
(Original post by AmarRPM)
Someones phone went off in an exam I was in recently, and he got disqualified from that single exam and will have to retake the exam next year. Phones aren't allowed in exams, I'm sure the invigilators must have told you this :\

In our school we put them in some plastic bag in the same hall as us. Maybe she handed it in?
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by champ_mc99)
The school's retarded for keeping phones in the same room as the exams.
Anno007

Perhaps th school didnt know anything about the phone? The OP is repsonsible for the phone, whether its on their person or brought into the examination room.

OP the JCQ guidelines indicate it depends on whether the phone was on your person or it was elsehere in the exam room i.e on a pile of bags.
If it was awat from you, then you are more likely to get a wwarning for breaching exam conditions.
If it was at your desk, on your person etc, then the penalties are more sever as it has potential for cheating. You can then get docked marks.

You dont give enough detail, but it looks like a warning based on what you did give, as they seem to be emphasising the disruption aspect rather than any cheating.
silestia
Rep:
?
Told us to turn our phones off and put it in our bag which was in the same room where the exam took place.
EnterNamehereplz
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Told us to turn our phones off and put it in our bag which was in the same room where the exam took place.
You will be fine I was panicking and I made sure I replied to this don't worry be happy . Hope your exam went well
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
A warning then. Its your own fault.
silestia
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Anno007

Perhaps th school didnt know anything about the phone? The OP is repsonsible for the phone, whether its on their person or brought into the examination room.

OP the JCQ guidelines indicate it depends on whether the phone was on your person or it was elsehere in the exam room i.e on a pile of bags.
If it was awat from you, then you are more likely to get a wwarning for breaching exam conditions.
If it was at your desk, on your person etc, then the penalties are more sever as it has potential for cheating. You can then get docked marks.

You dont give enough detail, but it looks like a warning based on what you did give, as they seem to be emphasising the disruption aspect rather than any cheating.
The phone was in my bag across the room from where i was. They said they're gonna give me a call if they're going to do something and if they're not doing anything i will not be contacted. They also asked if it was multiple alarms or one and it was just one alarm for 10.30. I went to the office after the exam was done.
Kristofa
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I feel so bad for you I now leave my phone in my cars dash so that I don't need to take it in with me, I'm too paranoid about it happening. Although, I swear the invigilators at my college don't give one lol. Like they'll give you time to finish sentences and stuff lol
999tigger
Report 3 years ago
The phone was in my bag across the room from where i was. They said they're gonna give me a call if they're going to do something and if they're not doing anything i will not be contacted. They also asked if it was multiple alarms or one and it was just one alarm for 10.30. I went to the office after the exam was done.
They are meant to report you, but my point is the worst they cna do is a warning for that infringement i.e you wont lose any marks. Dont worry. Just take the battery out next time or give it to the ibigilator or leave it at home.
Ellismall
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't feel too bad about it, it was just a mistake! Sounds like the sort of thing that would happen to me exams are stressful, its not surprising if you forget to turn an alarm off on your phone! You'll just have to hope they're not too harsh on you and even if you were disqualified its not the end of the world, you can always retake
Rubato
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why even have your phone on silent though? It's not like you're going to use it during the exam and it's hardly that awful to wait a minute or so for it to turn on after the exam.
SilverHorsey
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm confused. Did you have the phone on your person in the exam, or did you hand it in somewhere before the exam began?
Kholmes1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thats what most schools do. Why didn't you turn it off instead? I doubt anything will happen tbh as it was in your bag. But still kind of your fault as you knew it was on anyway.
Apolexian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
ye, if they warned you.. you will be lucky if they just let you go
monkyvirus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think they take it more seriously if it's in your pocket than say in your bag in a designated area. It's just a distraction in your bag as opposed to a possible way to cheat.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (11)
8.59%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (13)
10.16%
No, but maybe I will look into it (35)
27.34%
No and I wouldn't consider it (69)
53.91%

Watched Threads