Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

would you date someone you couldn't have sex with? watch

i'm a female who does not get pleasure out of actual sex (penis in vagina) it's always been uncomfortable and kinda painful for me and makes me sore for days after. i've got a pretty high sex drive though and i absolutely love foreplay and oral. just wondering if you got into a relationship with a girl like me, would foreplay and oral be enough or would you need actual sex in the relationship?

Have you considered maybe using lubricant or receiving anal?
    There's also the option of sex toys but, have you considered going to the GP or a sex clinic to see if there is a medical reason behind this and seeing if you can get it resolved?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    i'm a female who does not get pleasure out of actual sex (penis in vagina) it's always been uncomfortable and kinda painful for me and makes me sore for days after. i've got a pretty high sex drive though and i absolutely love foreplay and oral. just wondering if you got into a relationship with a girl like me, would foreplay and oral be enough or would you need actual sex in the relationship?
    I'm sure I could cope

That said, you probably could do with trying lube; there's a condition (whose name I forget) which makes lubication very... sparse, and this can lead to what you're describing. Coitus done in a way that takes that into account (plenty of lube, clitoral stimulation) should be much more pleasurable for you.

Also I'd not want coitus precluded from a relationship because, in time, I'd like to be a father.

From experience, the more you have it, it better it gets. If it is one of your first times then it probably will hurt. Also, I know it sounds a bit stupid but it depends on who it is you're having sex with! If it is someone you passionately love it is always gonna feel better!

I'm male and I find sex uncomfortable as well, so obviously my answer would be yes. Foreplay is much more exiting anyway

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as long as they would be ok doing other sexual things.

ReputationRep:
    My partner suffers from vaginismus, meaning we can't have penetrative sex. As some others have suggested you could try going to see your gp but it's possible that it's something you'll just have to accept. I can't speak for anyone else but we certainly manage to have an active sex life doing other stuff - that said I'm sure there are people for whom a relationship would be a non-starter.

I suggest you have a think about how to handle it when you do get into a relationship though - you probably want to have discussed it before you start having sex (although probably not on the first date either!).

ReputationRep:
    Id be fine with it.
    Doesnt bother me

ReputationRep:
    What about anal?

If yes then I'd be fine as need a hole to bang other than the mouth. Or if it was an open relationship, I'd love her but bang many many others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think it's a bit of an issue as it tends to be the best bit for a guy, it's somehow very good for bonding and most girls for some reason I haven't yet fathomed quite like it too. See what the GP makes of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yes. Sex is pretty ew. You pee from there.

ReputationRep:
    I could have sworn I replied to this before. It wouldn't be one for me, but I'm sure plenty of people would be happy to make it work.

Plenty of people have various kinks that are focused on foreplay/oral or even other areas of the body (such as feet) and so I'm sure such a person would be a good fit.

I think a big factor you'd have to consider would be having children though, as this can take months of trying.

What about fingering, and making you come come come. If it hurts theres probably something wrong with your parts. Maybe they are too soft. I am gentle though. I know how to work womens body parts in all ways. Maybe thats the type of man you need to find.

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine anyone saying it's fine now, a few months/years down the line would change their minds.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.