Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi would any pls helping advising me my daughter failed her one exam she retook exam again not done well .
    Due to so much family issues due personnel circumstances can she appeal or can she apply to reset 1st year pls help with any advice she's so upset

ReputationRep:
    Ask her to speak to the student support services at the student union or within her faculty. Appeals do exist, but for some courses it's 2 fails and you're out so I don't want to give too much false hope!

Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simiudhian)
    Hi would any pls helping advising me my daughter failed her one exam she retook exam again not done well .
    Due to so much family issues due personnel circumstances can she appeal or can she apply to reset 1st year pls help with any advice she's so upset
    Hi there sorry to hear that.

Important thing to do is fill in a mitigating circumstances form and submit it to the university asap - she should seek help from her personal tutor and/or students union. You may require supporting evidence I.e from your GP etc.

Depending on the university's rules & regulations she may be allowed to resit the exam again or allowed to retake the year, but it's very important to make a strong case through the mitigating circumstances form.

I really hope it works out, all the best.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.