Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was wondering if someone could give me views about if Reading would accept my application.I finished year 13 this year and exams and in my AS i got AABU so i dropped the U. I am thinking of applying for Business/International Management + spanish which is an AAB course and i think i will achieve in my a levels BBB with each of them close to the grade boundary 5-10 ums. I was wondering if i went on gap year to spain for 6 months to try and improve my speaking and work there which is related to what i want to study got predicted grades AAB from my former teachers and resat 2-3 A2 modules in my gap year if i would get accepted by these universities.Many Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by MMMMM22)
    Hi i was wondering if someone could give me views about if Reading would accept my application.I finished year 13 this year and exams and in my AS i got AABU so i dropped the U. I am thinking of applying for Business/International Management + spanish which is an AAB course and i think i will achieve in my a levels BBB with each of them close to the grade boundary 5-10 ums. I was wondering if i went on gap year to spain for 6 months to try and improve my speaking and work there which is related to what i want to study got predicted grades AAB from my former teachers and resat 2-3 A2 modules in my gap year if i would get accepted by these universities.Many Thanks
    Hi MMMMM22,
    Thank you for your question

In most cases, where a student has not achieved the entry requirements, ("Admissions") and/or ("The Faculty") will review your application which will consist of the grades you achieved, your personal statement and references supplied; If they deem you a viable candidate and that particular programme has been undersubscribed they could still offer you a place.

In regards to spending 6 months in Spain and taking a gap-year, I could not fully guarantee that you would still be offer a place; however if you decide to make that decision, my advice is to really emphasise your experience in your Personal Statement for the 2017 intake. What skills did you learn (soft and technical skills)?; how has that gap year prepared you for university and the course you are interested in applying for? If this is something you decide to do; remember that UCAS applications opens in September, and universities review applications on a 'rolling basis'.

If you have any more questions please feel free to get in touch, alternatively if you want to talk to admissions directly; you can contact them at [email protected]

I hope this helps

Mark
    2nd Year Accounting and Management

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.