Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'll be based at Strathclyde (John Anderson campus) this September and would like to know which part of Glasgow I should live in. I'm looking for somewhere close (within walking distance?) to the uni but also near supermarkets/restaurants and convenience stores. I have never been to Glasgow, but from what I've read on the internet, the good places are Merchant City, West End and the City Centre.

For context: I'm an international student and I'll be doing a postgrad course at Strathclyde. I'm looking to book student studio accommodation. More than nightclubs, it's very important to have restaurants and basically food places near my accommodation. My budget would be 200GBP per week for rent

ReputationRep:
    Check freshstudentliving.co.uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I've narrowed it down to a place in Merchant City - what's the neighbourhood like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan91)
    Thanks, I've narrowed it down to a place in Merchant City - what's the neighbourhood like?
    Merchant city is pretty decent, lots of pubs and restaurants, but also a fair number of students living in that area too. It's close to city centre and uni so an ideal location

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.