Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So we used too (until yesterday) snap a lot and yesterday I told her that she was fit. She always sends these group snaps and this morning I replied to one of them and she open it and replied, at the time I thought it was just to me but thinking about it, it was most likely another group snap as it related to the one before. Stupidly I replied to it with a question she opened it and just ignored it, she normally reply's to my snaps anyway but she ignored this one?

Anyways there are more things about her that annoy me when snapping her, like it takes her about an 1 or 2 to respond sometimes and she doesn't seem like she wants to continue the conversation even though she started it. So I've blocked her on snapchat as I don't think anything will happen between us and I send most of my time overthinking things when she snaps me!! It's unhealthy!

Was this the wrong thing to do blocking her or should of I confronted her about ignoring me?

ReputationRep:
    Confront her about what? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but she probably isn't especially interested in you and snaps back out of politeness.

I also find it interesting that if something "isn't going to happen" you're not interested in her.

Blocking her was probably the best move. Although she might not even notice.

(Original post by Elivercury)
    Confront her about what? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but she probably isn't especially interested in you and snaps back out of politeness.

I also find it interesting that if something "isn't going to happen" you're not interested in her.

Blocking her was probably the best move. Although she might not even notice.
    I'm interested in her but I don't have the confidence to ask someone like her out! I've never had a GF before so I don't really know what to do. I think she would notice as I was one of the last people to snap her so I would have been at the top or close to the top. And now I wouldn't be there as I blocked her...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm interested in her but I don't have the confidence to ask someone like her out! I've never had a GF before so I don't really know what to do. I think she would notice as I was one of the last people to snap her so I would have been at the top or close to the top. And now I wouldn't be there as I blocked her...
    Sorry, you don't have the confident to ask her out, but you do apparently have the confident to "confront her" about her ignoring one of your snap messages? How exactly does that work?

Either work up the courage to ask her out or accept you're never going to be more than friends (if even that given you've blocked her) and move on with your life.

ReputationRep:
    Work up the confidence to ask her out but prepare yourself for the likelihood that she will say no (there is probably a very high chance of that from the sound of things).
    Take the rejection on the chin and learn what it feels like. This is a valuable lesson as it will probably happen a lot of times in your life. Move on, find someone else you like. Eventually someone will say yes, but if you never build your confidence and never ask anyone out, you will die alone.

Sorry, you don't have the confident to ask her out, but you do apparently have the confident to "confront her" about her ignoring one of your snap messages? How exactly does that work?

Either work up the courage to ask her out or accept you're never going to be more than friends (if even that given you've blocked her) and move on with your life.
    I haven't confronted her about ignoring me, even though I want too but it's too late now. It's even harder having her blocked, like it feels like something is missing... I'm tempted to unblock her some point this week! Not to start talking to her again but I like to know what she is doing, I guess I'm finding it really have just to get over her. :'(

ReputationRep:
    Why do you want to know what she's doing? You're not going to ask her out, you're not going to speak to her, she's a stranger. I suggest you focus on your friends/hobbies if you're really struggling.

Why do you want to know what she's doing? You're not going to ask her out, you're not going to speak to her, she's a stranger. I suggest you focus on your friends/hobbies if you're really struggling.
    She's not a stranger as I worked with her for like a year, I'm finding it hard as she's the only girl I've actually talked too, so I guess I have a stronger feeling towards her that I normally should. Now I've just screwed things up with being just friends with her as well....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.