The Student Room Group

If you vote Remain...

You don't get to complain about...

β€’ High rents and house prices.
β€’ Low wages.
β€’ Overcrowding.
β€’ Waiting at least 2 weeks for a doctor's appointment.
β€’ The privatisation of the NHS.
β€’ Struggling to find school places.
β€’ Taxpayers money being used to fund Brussels' beaurocrats luxurious lifestyle.
β€’ Unaccountable politicians.

YOU VOTED FOR IT.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nor will Leave voters be able to blame the EU for all those problems, though they'll probably just find another scapegoat.
What if your parents own property and you're voting to remain just to drive up prices before you bail to a less **** country?
Reply 3
Original post by ZeroFree
Nor will Leave voters be able to blame the EU for all those problems, though they'll probably just find another scapegoat.
All of the points I listed are a direct or indirect consequence of a Remain vote.
Original post by ATW1

β€’ Low wages.
β€’ Overcrowding.
β€’ Taxpayers money being used to fund Brussels' beaurocrats luxurious lifestyle.

YOU VOTED FOR IT.

I agree with most of these points
Reply 5
Original post by ATW1
All of the points I listed are a direct or indirect consequence of a Remain vote.

No, I think the problems in this country are a little more complicated that than.

I don't think any of those points can be attributed to the EU alone, aside from the last two.
Reply 6
Original post by ZeroFree
No, I think the problems in this country are a little more complicated that than.

I don't think any of those points can be attributed to the EU alone, aside from the last two.

Yes, but EU policy has a lot to do with these issues. For example, whilst I acknowledge that not enough new houses are being built, uncontrolled mass immigration from the EU has resulted in much greater demand for housing, driving up house prices and rent for the British people.
Reply 7
Original post by ATW1
Yes, but EU policy has a lot to do with these issues. For example, whilst I acknowledge that not enough new houses are being built, uncontrolled mass immigration from the EU has resulted in much greater demand for housing, driving up house prices and rent for the British people.

Yes, so those who vote to remain in the EU aren't necessarily voting 'for' these problems.

Plus even if we left the EU people are still going to move into the country; our population certainly isn't going to start shrinking anytime soon.

I think the issues of high house/rent prices and overcrowding/congestion are going to require a lot of investment before they get solved, either in or out.
Original post by ATW1

β€’ Low wages.
β€’ Overcrowding.

YOU VOTED FOR IT.

Irony Donald is ur profile pic. He wants us to leave :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Irony Donald is ur profile pic. He wants us to leave :tongue:

Yes? Where's the irony?
Original post by ATW1

β€’ Low wages.
β€’ Overcrowding.

YOU VOTED FOR IT.

And if we leave, you idiots in the leave camp aren't allowed to cry about immigration, lack of jobs, international crises, Europeans hating us, violence against English abroad, people swimming across the channel to get here etc.
Reply 11
Original post by alevelstresss
And if we leave, you idiots in the leave camp aren't allowed to cry about immigration, lack of jobs, international crises, Europeans hating us, violence against English abroad, people swimming across the channel to get here etc.
We don't cry in the Leave camp. We aren't little children, you see.
Original post by ATW1
We don't cry in the Leave camp. We aren't little children, you see.

Yes you are, all I ever see you talking about is how you want to get your precious sovreignty and democracy back and that immigrants are taking your jobs.

Seriously, if some guy who can barely speak english who has been travelling Europe for 2 months and had to swim across the Mediterranean takes your job just by turning up at it, you're such a loser its unreal.
Reply 13
Yes you are, all I ever see you talking about is how you want to get your precious sovreignty and democracy back and that immigrants are taking your jobs.

Seriously, if some guy who can barely speak english who has been travelling Europe for 2 months and had to swim across the Mediterranean takes your job just by turning up at it, you're such a loser its unreal.

Let me just summarise your argument: People who want to live in a democracy and want controls on immigration are idiots.
Original post by ATW1
Let me just summarise your argument: People who want to live in a democracy and want controls on immigration are idiots.

If you think gaining control over some lawmaking is the absolute definition of democracy then you're an idiot.

I value actual economic prosperity and not abstract concepts like sovreignty and democracy - this isn't the 1930s.
Reply 15
If you think gaining control over some lawmaking is the absolute definition of democracy then you're an idiot.

I value actual economic prosperity and not abstract concepts like sovreignty and democracy - this isn't the 1930s.
The EU President has said that the EU would prevent an increasingly popular right-wing party in Austria from getting into power because the unelected beaurocrats in Brussels don't like their ideas. So even if the Austrian people use their vote to elect them, the EU will overrule them. Does that sound like democracy to you?
Original post by ATW1
The EU President has said that the EU would prevent an increasingly popular right-wing party in Austria from getting into power because the unelected beaurocrats in Brussels don't like their ideas. So even if the Austrian people use their vote to elect them, the EU will overrule them. Does that sound like democracy to you?

Good, its nice we have some politicians out of the spotlight who are preventing the spread of ultra right-wing parties throughout Europe. I don't really care if its not democracy, democracy is an overrated term.
Original post by ATW1

This is really only in London.

β€’ Low wages.
The living wage is coming into play in 2020.

β€’ Overcrowding.
Again, only really in major cities. I live in East London and work in Central and I manage to get a seat on the tube every day. It's not like there isn't space to walk. This point is redundant.

Call 111 - you get an appointment the same day. Yes, even in overcrowded East London!

It is ironic that those fronting the Leave campaign are those most in favour of privatisation.

We need an increasing population. We have a naturally unsustainable ageing population.

Yes, a problem. Although this is not all they fund as part of the EU.

YOU VOTED FOR IT.
FPTP; House of Lords; PM only voted for by members of his own party.
Reply 18
Good, its nice we have some politicians out of the spotlight who are preventing the spread of ultra right-wing parties throughout Europe. I don't really care if its not democracy, democracy is an overrated term.

Wow
Original post by ATW1

But still a fraction compared with additional demand on housing stock due to smaller family units and an ageing population. The list you gave is ridiculous as the issues and factors involved are a lot more complicated than simply trying to blame the EU.

Quick Reply