The Student Room Group

predicted grades question

applying to uni for 2017 so my applicatin for oxford would be oct and the rest in jan i think
i will have only my grade for AS maths edexcel for c1 c2 m1 as i did them this year and teh rest of physics and chem i dont have offical edexcxel results as i will be doing them june 2017 now do predicted grades for uni need to be for AS or A2?
2) if i were to sit AS further maths units next year at my school but i dont have any marks of them currently could i ask for predicted grades thi syear based of my normal maths performance??
Original post by NatoHeadshot
applying to uni for 2017 so my applicatin for oxford would be oct and the rest in jan i think
i will have only my grade for AS maths edexcel for c1 c2 m1 as i did them this year and teh rest of physics and chem i dont have offical edexcxel results as i will be doing them june 2017 now do predicted grades for uni need to be for AS or A2?
2) if i were to sit AS further maths units next year at my school but i dont have any marks of them currently could i ask for predicted grades thi syear based of my normal maths performance??

did you have a mock in any of the subjects you didnt officially sit the exam for? my school is basing my predicted grades off my mock results
Reply 2
Original post by NatoHeadshot

Your school will provide predicted grades for any qualifications you are taking but haven't yet completed. It's up to your school to calculate them and usually it's based on your AS or mocks, but also factors in things like recent school tests etc.

Your FM prediction would probably be based on your Maths AS plus your teacher's view of your FM work up to the date your reference is finalised.

Note that although you can certainly send your UCAS to Oxford in October and then later add other universities, you can't change your Personal Statement or Reference. So your predicted grades will be locked in October.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jneill
Your school will provide predicted grades for any qualifications you are taking but haven't yet completed. It's up to your school to calculate them and usually it's based on your AS or mocks, but also factors in things like recent school tests etc.

Your FM prediction would probably be based on your Maths AS plus your teacher's view of your FM work up to the date your reference is finalised.

Note that although you can certainly send your UCAS to Oxford in October and then later add other universities, you can't change your Personal Statement or Reference. So your predicted grades will be locked in October.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending