Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Although i've just finished Year 11, and i'll obviously be moving onto further education in September, I was just wondering what to do when it comes to the requirements for the gateway course. It says you must be eligible for a minimum of 3 when it comes to the widening participants section and i'm only eligible for two, unless I go to summer school next summer. Do I email to RVC and ask for some information on my previous school/the college i'm going to so i can see whether it'll then make me eligible in another way or do I just apply for the summer school next year and hope I get a place? I've heard getting offered a place can be hard because it depends on your background. But then again, I won't be applying until 2018 so requirements could change slightly? I know this seems early preparation but vet med is what my hearts set on.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You can find out whether your school counts as a contextual school here. High school and sixth form/college count individually.

You would do the summer school in the summer of year 12, so before you apply in October of year 13. You'll therefore know by the time it comes to apply whether or not you'll be eligible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)
    You can find out whether your school counts as a contextual school here. High school and sixth form/college count individually.

You would do the summer school in the summer of year 12, so before you apply in October of year 13. You'll therefore know by the time it comes to apply whether or not you'll be eligible.
    Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    The requirements are quite specific, but don't let this dishearten you, I got into the summer school and got a gateway offer this year so it is definitely possible! Its good to plan early, before you apply just check the requirements thoroughly and the gateway application requires extra forms to fill out (it may change by the time you apply) but make sure you've filled everything correctly. Its hard to get onto but if thats what you really want to do then go for it.

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elarna)
    The requirements are quite specific, but don't let this dishearten you, I got into the summer school and got a gateway offer this year so it is definitely possible! Its good to plan early, before you apply just check the requirements thoroughly and the gateway application requires extra forms to fill out (it may change by the time you apply) but make sure you've filled everything correctly. Its hard to get onto but if thats what you really want to do then go for it.

Good Luck
    Thankyou so much, and wow! Hope you enjoy Uni life!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.