Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive recently bagged a job for Clarks and they were talking about the dress code and they weren't very useful. I mean I know wear plain jeans and a top but with the top does it have to be non-branded or can it be like superdry. Then with shoes, can I wear my own shoes or do they have to be clarks. I would call up and ask but I don't want to seem like I didn't listen.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I'd call and ask. Personally, to be safe, I wouldn't wear something so obviously branded. I'd wait until you know for sure to wear something like that. A lot of retail places prefer you to wear things from them, at least in my experience, but because it's just shoes they may not have this policy. They won't hold it against you if you ask, don't worry. They'd rather you asked and got it right than didn't and got it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I'd call up and ask. Just say you just wanted to confirm the dress code..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    either call and ask or play it safe on the first day and scope out what colleagues are wearing/ask one of them

ReputationRep:
    Maybe go into store before your first shift if you really don't want to call them to see what the other members of staff are wearing. Or if not, wear a plain black t shirt, jeans and some smart shoes (maybe avoid trainers). Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How much does clarks pay per hour?

ReputationRep:
    When I was in Clarks 11 years ago I noticed three ladies that worked there wore shiny black chunky leather shoes with a black shirt and black trousers, but when I saw the colour of socks worn with their shoes I was expecting them to be wearing black socks, but the colour they were actually wearing with their black shoes were white socks, which surprised and shocked me.Would white socks be appropriate to wear with black shoes in Clarks?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.