The Student Room Group

How to pass driving test in 10 weeks?

I've got about 10 lessons left before I go to University and I'm not sure what to do?
Original post by similarBlank
I've got about 10 lessons left before I go to University and I'm not sure what to do?

Hi,

Whilst this question might be subjective and one that may not apply to all - I can say that from experience it is possible. However, this is based on the assumption that you have already passed the theory test and have some experience driving a car. Just a few questions for you so that I can perhaps advise you further:

How many lessons have you had so far?

Are you currently doing your driving lessons near your selected test center or even on those test routes?

Are you learning to drive an automatic or a manual transmission?

Finally and most importantly, have you booked your test yet? I live in London and believe me, it is very hard to book a test round here. I had to book like 2 months in advance to take a test and I passed that first time. Because if you want to pass it in 10 weeks then you may want to consider booking it first before continuing your lessons.
1. 47.
2. I believe so.
3. Manual.

I don't think my driving instructor thinks I'm ready to book my test yet. :tongue: Plus, I haven't yet done my theory. Been practising it for over a year now but am only taking it for the first time on 13th July.

In the possibility that I fail to pass it in the 10 weeks I guess I might have to come home every week to have the lesson or something. :tongue:
Original post by similarBlank
1. 47.
2. I believe so.
3. Manual.

I don't think my driving instructor thinks I'm ready to book my test yet. :tongue: Plus, I haven't yet done my theory. Been practising it for over a year now but am only taking it for the first time on 13th July.

In the possibility that I fail to pass it in the 10 weeks I guess I might have to come home every week to have the lesson or something. :tongue:

See, that is the thing. If the instructor doesn't feel that you are ready to take the test - then in all honesty you shouldn't. There are some who say that just so that they can make more money out of you BUT most are not like that. Hell, the one I had was literally like when are you going to get out of my car lol. He literally did not like having people in his car after 30 lessons because he wanted to keep a good record of passing students without making them do too many lessons.

It doesn't help that you haven't passed your theory either - but to be honest with you, I don't think 10 weeks is enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending