Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you are please leave a comment. Would be nice to see who else enjoys illustration. 🙂

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm planning to study Illustration at Portsmouth - nice to meet you.
    Where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Hello 🙂 Ive applied to UEL. It's also nice to meet you.

ReputationRep:

I haven't met many people doing illustration on here.

ReputationRep:
    Me either 🙁 thats why I started this thread. So we can meet other illustration students that are starting this September 🙂 Are you coming to uni from college or have you just finished school? 🙂

ReputationRep:
    :/ Do you think few people pick it as a subject or just that not many people come on here?

From college. You?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think illustration is a popular subject. On my uni chat there are more people doing psychology than an art subject. I also don't think those that are studying illustration this year have found this site yet. :/

I came from college too. What did you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle-watts)
    I don't think illustration is a popular subject. On my uni chat there are more people doing psychology than an art subject. I also don't think those that are studying illustration this year have found this site yet. :/

I came from college too. What did you study?

I have to admit, at our college I think there were only twelve of us (out of about one hundred) applying for arts/music based subjects. I was the only one doing illustration.
    Well, at least that will probably mean small classes; which is a good thing, for me at least.
    We might get a couple of later stumblers. You never know.

Design Tech (Resistant Materials), English Literature, Fine Art as well as Science and food and Nutrition. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Wow! We've had similar situations then, I was the only one in my class that applied for illustration too. I've just finished studying digital media foundation. That might happen have a few late starters.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! We've had similar situations then, I was the only one in my class that applied for illustration too. I've just finished studying digital media foundation. That might happen have a few late starters.

Do you know anyone going to the same uni as you?

Huh. That sounds pretty cool, I didn't even know digital media foundation was a thing.

Maybe, maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    I only know one person that's going to the same uni as me, do you?
    Yeah there's digital media classes from level 2-foundation do you live in Portsmouth or are you moving to halls in Portsmouth?

ReputationRep:
    I've met someone on here but other than her, no.

Ooh, that's cool.
    No, I live about an hour, maybe an hour and a half, away by car so I've applied to move into the halls there - hopefully I'll get a place!

Do you live near UEL or have you applied for halls or private accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    Cool fingers crossed that you get a room at the halls 👌🏻
    I do live about 45mins away from UEL so there's no need for me to move into halls as I can easily travel to the uni. 🙂
    Do you have any social media like Facebook or Instagram? Would be cool to be friends with you especially as your studying illustration too. 👍

ReputationRep:
    Cool fingers crossed that you get a room at the halls 👌🏻
    I do live about 45mins away from UEL so there's no need for me to move into halls as I can easily travel to the uni. 🙂
    Do you have any social media like Facebook or Instagram? Would be cool to be friends with you especially as your studying illustration too. 👍
    Thanks! ^.^

Well, that's pretty handy!

I have Facebook - which I use pretty much only for messenger - but not Instagram. Two ticks and I'll pop you a link via private message.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.