Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I recently finished my final year at university just over a month ago and to be honest, I haven't been doing much as I plan on holiday towards the end of August for like a month or two. I can't go on holiday now because I don't know what results I got and I still have not attended my graduation ceremony which is in July. My dad is turning 50 towards the end of August and I want to celebrate it big with style and so if I go in July I can only go for 3 weeks. My birthday is in September and I want to celebrate that on holiday as it has been dead here.

Because of all of this, I haven't been applying for graduate jobs or jobs in general and I am starting to worry because a lot of my friends have jobs and are getting jobs and quite frankly I feel embarrassed living at home with my parents unemployed.

I was advised by a family friend that I have been worked too hard because I went to uni straight from school, went to uni for two years, did a placement and then completed my final year. He saw my perseverance and struggle in my final year and told my parents to let me go on holiday. He said even 6 months later there will be opportunities available and that as an interviewer himself - he prefers people who travel more. He said you don't really get a chance like this again once you start working. Is all of what he is saying true?

All in all, I am not admittedly very happy but I can definitely feel this holiday. It is just the future.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.