Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys, I am applying in September for a deferred entry to the following universities:-

1. University College London to study Politics (BA)

2. University of York to study Law (LLB)

3. University of Warwick to study Law (LLB)

4. Cardiff University to study Law (LLB)

5. University of Birmingham to study Politics (BA)

Obviously, they are all Russell Group universities and they are fairly high up in the league tables (some more than others) but I think that league tables never truly represent the universities in terms of student satisfaction, but more so in terms of graduate employment rates and teacher to student ratio. I was wondering whether any of you guys had actually studied at the above or know of people who have studied there so you can provide me with some additional information. I've tried to do my research as best as I can, I've attended various open days, order prospectus', etc. but I am indeed open to further information which will enable me to rethink or reinforce the choices I have made.

Much appreciated! :-)

ReputationRep:
    By Politics at UCL do you mean the Politics and Eastern European Studies course? As they don't ofer straight politics. I would say UCL closely followed by Warwick are the 2 best for employment opportunities. And I think the university name is more important then the course when applying for a job, as long as you're not studying something like Arts when you want to go into finance for example. At the end of the day they're all are good universities, although politics and law are very different courses so it may be hard to tailor your PS to both. Hope this has been some help

(Original post by sonron202)
    By Politics at UCL do you mean the Politics and Eastern European Studies course? As they don't ofer straight politics. I would say UCL closely followed by Warwick are the 2 best for employment opportunities. And I think the university name is more important then the course when applying for a job, as long as you're not studying something like Arts when you want to go into finance for example. At the end of the day they're all are good universities, although politics and law are very different courses so it may be hard to tailor your PS to both. Hope this has been some help
    Uni name isn't more important than the course.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.