Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

jamestg's Summer Bucket List ^_^ Watch

ReputationRep:
    jamestg's Summer Bucket List!
    :beer:
    Unfortunately this summer is not going to be wild because I've got so much stuff to do! However I'll give it my best shot and hopefully it'll be ball of fun!

:banana:Go to a festival
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm booked to go to a local festival with some friends between 15-17th July!
    :banana:Go to Spain
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm booked to go to Spain between 24th July and 16th August! I'll come up with some things to do for while I'm there!
    :banana:Day trip to Morocco
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This may or may not happen, as we did it last year, but it would be pretty cool for it to happen again!
    :banana:Adventure to London
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Really wanted to do this last year but I ran out of money! Will try again this year...
    :banana:Complete work experience at PwC
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll be doing work experience between 22nd August and 26th August. It'll be in Reading, London and wherever the clients are based!
    :banana:Self teach S1
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It would be great to get through all of it, so I can start S2 in September.
    :banana:Write my personal statement
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll be planning bits of it throughout the course of the holiday, I'll write it up formally after results day!
    :banana:Begin my EPQ
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My EPQ is on the changing relations between the state and the Church in Italy between 1848 and 1946. Gripping stuff!
    :banana:Read some Economics books
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm going to subscribe to The Economist, however there are so many books I don't know where to start! Recommendations please!
    :banana:Go to the beach/camping with some friends
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No idea where, but it would be pretty fun if it could happen...
    :banana:Go running at least three times a week
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Really want to keep this up!

I'll try and come up with some more things to put on here over the next few weeks!

ReputationRep:
    Added another to do! Any more ideas?

ReputationRep:
    stay awake for 24 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksj.11)
    stay awake for 24 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What about spending 24hrs in another time zone?

ReputationRep:
    Thinking, Fast And Slow and How the City of London Works are same of the books I can think of right now but if you're interested in a lot of global affairs and deeper thinking World Order by Henry Kissinger is great. Personally Thinking, Fast And Slow is possibly one of the greatest books I've read, although it's behavioural economics 90% of the other books I have are personal finance and investment markets so if interested you can shoot me xD

All the best and enjoy your summer :woo:

Just gonna add that Paul Kennedy's Rise & Fall of the Great Powers is a nice one as well.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How is it possible that I know more on international affairs than economics...

jamestg

Hola,

Im doing the PwC insight week on the same dates as you, but a different office.

Im a bit confused about the timetable- What i gather is that Mon + Friday we go to head office in London and on Tues,Wed,Thurs local office?
    Does this sound about right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by govandpolitics)
    jamestg

Hola,

Im doing the PwC insight week on the same dates as you, but a different office.

Im a bit confused about the timetable- What i gather is that Mon + Friday we go to head office in London and on Tues,Wed,Thurs local office?
    Does this sound about right?
    Sounds about right to me! Which office are you doing it at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Imperion)
    Thinking, Fast And Slow and How the City of London Works are same of the books I can think of right now but if you're interested in a lot of global affairs and deeper thinking World Order by Henry Kissinger is great. Personally Thinking, Fast And Slow is possibly one of the greatest books I've read, although it's behavioural economics 90% of the other books I have are personal finance and investment markets so if interested you can shoot me xD

All the best and enjoy your summer :woo:

Just gonna add that Paul Kennedy's Rise & Fall of the Great Powers is a nice one as well.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How is it possible that I know more on international affairs than economics...
    Thank you so much!! I'll do some Amazon-ing tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Thank you so much!! I'll do some Amazon-ing tomorrow!
    No worries

Sounds about right to me! Which office are you doing it at?
    Is it paid? If so how much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by govandpolitics)
    Is it paid? If so how much?
    £400-500 I think

ReputationRep:
    I really hope you'll be able to complete this Summer Bucket List!
    I've got so much to do with Personal Statements and writing my EPQ this summer that I probably won't have enough time to actually enjoy the summer Ah well at least next year we'll have a nice long holiday to look forward to

Good Luck!!!

£400-500 I think
    Really? Nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiseRiot)
    I really hope you'll be able to complete this Summer Bucket List!
    I've got so much to do with Personal Statements and writing my EPQ this summer that I probably won't have enough time to actually enjoy the summer Ah well at least next year we'll have a nice long holiday to look forward to

Good Luck!!!
    True! Have a good summer!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.