The Student Room Group

jamestg's Summer Bucket List ^_^

jamestg's Summer Bucket List!
:beer:
Unfortunately this summer is not going to be wild because I've got so much stuff to do! However I'll give it my best shot and hopefully it'll be ball of fun!

:banana:Go to a festival

Spoiler

:banana:Go to Spain

Spoiler

:banana:Day trip to Morocco

Spoiler

:banana:Adventure to London

Spoiler

:banana:Complete work experience at PwC

Spoiler

:banana:Self teach S1

Spoiler

:banana:Write my personal statement

Spoiler

:banana:Begin my EPQ

Spoiler

:banana:Read some Economics books

Spoiler

:banana:Go to the beach/camping with some friends

Spoiler

:banana:Go running at least three times a week

Spoiler

I'll try and come up with some more things to put on here over the next few weeks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Added another to do! Any more ideas?
Reply 2
stay awake for 24 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by ksj.11
stay awake for 24 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about spending 24hrs in another time zone?
Thinking, Fast And Slow and How the City of London Works are same of the books I can think of right now but if you're interested in a lot of global affairs and deeper thinking World Order by Henry Kissinger is great. Personally Thinking, Fast And Slow is possibly one of the greatest books I've read, although it's behavioural economics :tongue: 90% of the other books I have are personal finance and investment markets so if interested you can shoot me xD

All the best and enjoy your summer :woo:

Just gonna add that Paul Kennedy's Rise & Fall of the Great Powers is a nice one as well.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
@jamestg

Hola,

Im doing the PwC insight week on the same dates as you, but a different office.

Im a bit confused about the timetable- What i gather is that Mon + Friday we go to head office in London and on Tues,Wed,Thurs local office?
Does this sound about right?
Reply 6
Original post by govandpolitics
@jamestg

Hola,

Im doing the PwC insight week on the same dates as you, but a different office.

Im a bit confused about the timetable- What i gather is that Mon + Friday we go to head office in London and on Tues,Wed,Thurs local office?
Does this sound about right?

Sounds about right to me! Which office are you doing it at?
Reply 7
Original post by Imperion
Thinking, Fast And Slow and How the City of London Works are same of the books I can think of right now but if you're interested in a lot of global affairs and deeper thinking World Order by Henry Kissinger is great. Personally Thinking, Fast And Slow is possibly one of the greatest books I've read, although it's behavioural economics :tongue: 90% of the other books I have are personal finance and investment markets so if interested you can shoot me xD

All the best and enjoy your summer :woo:

Just gonna add that Paul Kennedy's Rise & Fall of the Great Powers is a nice one as well.

Spoiler

Thank you so much!! I'll do some Amazon-ing tomorrow!
Original post by jamestg
Thank you so much!! I'll do some Amazon-ing tomorrow!

No worries
Original post by jamestg
Sounds about right to me! Which office are you doing it at?

Is it paid? If so how much?
Reply 10
Original post by govandpolitics
Is it paid? If so how much?

£400-500 I think
I really hope you'll be able to complete this Summer Bucket List!
I've got so much to do with Personal Statements and writing my EPQ this summer that I probably won't have enough time to actually enjoy the summer :frown: Ah well at least next year we'll have a nice long holiday to look forward to :colone:

Good Luck!!!
Original post by jamestg
£400-500 I think

Really? Nice.
Reply 13
Original post by RiseRiot
I really hope you'll be able to complete this Summer Bucket List!
I've got so much to do with Personal Statements and writing my EPQ this summer that I probably won't have enough time to actually enjoy the summer :frown: Ah well at least next year we'll have a nice long holiday to look forward to :colone:

Good Luck!!!

True! Have a good summer!

Quick Reply

Latest