Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will This affect my chances of getting into sixth form? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So basically there is a Statistics exam coming up and I know nothing about it. My teacher even told me that i'll probably fail also my coursework is ****.
    So my parents asked her if I could drop the stats exam and she said yes now they are worried that by dropping the exam I will have a point by my name when going to Sixth form saying that I am lazy and won't put in effort which will then lead to me not getting into Sixth Form. Is this true?
    Also my brother said that if I drop this exam do I drop all exams in that board, again is this true?
    p.s. Statistics was an EXTRA SUBJECT and not one of my options.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it will affect anything. Unless it is a really selective sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    Am I going insane or was this on reddit too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzie97)
    I doubt it will affect anything. Unless it is a really selective sixth form.
    It's the Sixth form that I went to school in A.K.A the school I did stats in.

ReputationRep:
    No...that would be a really harsh policy...as long as you have a reasonable number of GCSEs overall then it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woody_Pigeon)
    Am I going insane or was this on reddit too?
    HaHa Both from me I literally copied and pasted it. I'm just super worried about it D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KentuckyFriedBab)
    It's the Sixth form that I went to school in A.K.A the school I did stats in.
    Doubt it will be a problem then. And if you're worried then ask a teacher or something at the school or sixth form.

To be honest, getting into sixth form is mainly about getting the right grades in maths, english and the subjects you plan to study. Something like a stats exam won't matter too much (in my opinion).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatefrog354)
    No...that would be a really harsh policy...as long as you have a reasonable number of GCSEs overall then it'll be fine.
    Since I dropped the exam this late will it still be on my record or not?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you are wanting to be a Cambridge/Oxford candidate this will not negatively impact you to be honest. If your sixth form is that picky then it must be far more selective than the majority. Provided your other grades are good don't worry!

As far as being on record I am not sure. If you drop an A level close to the exam you get a U (ungraded) however I don't know if this applies to GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    I don't think so seeing as you never did the exam.

ReputationRep:
    If coursework has been submitted a grade will be generated from that, so if as bad as you say a 'U'.
    I would say it's better to sit the exam in the hope that you can achieve a better grade. You would have to include it on university applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.