Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I'm heading out alone in July to Sydney to visit family. I'll be there for 6 weeks and don't want to spend the majority of my time alone while my brother is at work. Any other time I've been on holiday I've been with friends so I haven't had this problem before. Basically I want any tips on how I could meet up with new people to spend my time with there. Is there any good sites? Any game plans?
    Any of you guys there haha
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression you just wandered into a bar and hollered "G'day mate!" at no-one in particular, and voila: insta-conversation with the first person who says it back.

ReputationRep:
    Meeting new people is not only fun but it’s a great way to widen your support network and have plenty of people to hang out with. Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to make friends. Sometimes it feels really hard and totally frustrating. But there are skills and tactics for meeting people – you just got to skill up and get out there!

ReputationRep:
    easiest places; bars and hostels <- especially the latter!
    Otherwise tours, trips and so on .. basically the same way youd meet people at home.

ReputationRep:
    In light of recent political events i'm looking to run away from the UK for a bit...probably New Zealand and I'm having the same issue as you, I'm thinking of going with http://www.smallerearth.com/uk/new-z...r-new-zealand/ and I don't want to be isolated from other people socially, guess it's a matter of going for it!

ReputationRep:
    At the moment there are no Australians in Oz as they're all in south west London. Also, there are no more Brits anymore since the EU vote went tits up.

It's empty.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.