The Student Room Group

4th A Level

I'm thinking of taking Psychology, maths and economics for 3 of my A levels and I'm not sure what to do for my fourth. I was thinking Biology but I need Chemistry as well then and I don't think I could do 5 A levels. I then thought physics but I'm not overly confident with physics, I do enjoy it though and I'm good at and enjoy maths which is suggested for it. My GCSEs were History, Philosophy & Ethics, Drama, Computing and Business Studies. Any suggestions for what I could do?
Why would you need chem for biology? For the job if you do take it?
Original post by Student9989
I'm thinking of taking Psychology, maths and economics for 3 of my A levels and I'm not sure what to do for my fourth. I was thinking Biology but I need Chemistry as well then and I don't think I could do 5 A levels. I then thought physics but I'm not overly confident with physics, I do enjoy it though and I'm good at and enjoy maths which is suggested for it. My GCSEs were History, Philosophy & Ethics, Drama, Computing and Business Studies. Any suggestions for what I could do?

You should only need 3 for university? Depending on what you want to do, I would recommend General Studies if that's still running when you get to do A-levels (I know they're scrapping it soon). It's taken a HUGE weight off my shoulders because my uni course included it in their offer, and it's a nice easy subject with no extra work.

Perhaps you could consider one of the following:

- Philosophy and Ethics (if this one is still running because I know they're scrapping it; I did this and really enjoyed it)
- Further Maths
- An "easy" subject like Theatre Studies, which is coursework intensive but still less academically rigorous.

Or try Physics and drop it if you do badly?

Quick Reply

Latest