Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm at the end of year 10, and would really like to take an italian a-level at college after i finish secondary school. However despite being quite competent in GCSE French (currently getting A*'s in speaking and writing assesments),i don't have a GCSE in italian and have never studied it as a topic. Although, I'm really keen, and have been attempting some private study of the language. The college does an afterschool course in Italian 'Level 1' (not a-level/GCSE, but would give me good prep and basic knowledge of the language) for £220 (25 weeks) however this is quite expensive. Is there anyway I could still enroll in an italian a-level, or atleast any advice on learning the language myself? The entry requirements are as follows:

"Five GCSEs at grade C or above in appropriate subjects.

Successful A Level students would normally have achieved a grade A or B in a number of relevant GCSE subjects, including Italian."
    Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I know someone who did an AS in Italian as a beginner, but the full A level I think would be too difficult. But if you got yourself to GCSE standard over the next year (which is entirely possible), then yes I think you could do it. Look online for Italian learning resources.

You might also be interested in this course. It's an Italian university courses, I believe you can do it entirely online and it is free. You might have missed the application deadline for this year (ask to see if you can make a late application), otherwise you can do it next year. http://www.du.se/en/Study-at-DU/Cour...us/?kod=IT1020

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.