Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i did the first set of questions but i messed up because in the 01 i didn't mention self defence, and i accidentally wrote about unlawful act manslaughter and the defence of intoxication instead of murder and DR, what do you think the maximum i could get for these two questions is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11streete)
    i did the first set of questions but i messed up because in the 01 i didn't mention self defence, and i accidentally wrote about unlawful act manslaughter and the defence of intoxication instead of murder and DR, what do you think the maximum i could get for these two questions is?
    For the first question, self-defence acts for about 4/5/6 marks as it was quite a small section... what other defences did you do for this question?

It was quite common for q2 for some to write out unlawful act manslaughter following the case of R v Lipman which was decided to be unlawful act mansl.. but he was charged with murder; you used the defence of intoxication which was good. What's in your favour is that it was a dual question so they asked for murder and GNM. However, the question did specifically state murder, so you could be looking at losing roughly 10 marks or so, but the examiner may credit your law and application of unlawful act. You never know with exams really and it depends on what the mark scheme will say, grade boundaries etc.

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bvlck)
    For the first question, self-defence acts for about 4/5/6 marks as it was quite a small section... what other defences did you do for this question?

It was quite common for q2 for some to write out unlawful act manslaughter following the case of R v Lipman which was decided to be unlawful act mansl.. but he was charged with murder; you used the defence of intoxication which was good. What's in your favour is that it was a dual question so they asked for murder and GNM. However, the question did specifically state murder, so you could be looking at losing roughly 10 marks or so, but the examiner may credit your law and application of unlawful act. You never know with exams really and it depends on what the mark scheme will say, grade boundaries etc.

All the best.
    ahh thank you so much for the reassurance!
    for the first question i used the consent defence in quite some depth but just didn't mention self-defence, but i feel like apart from leaving that out it went well (hopefully)

that's a relief because i feel like the GNM went well, and i didn't know there's a chance they could mark some of my mistaken part- that would be ace
    thanks again!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.