Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it wierd that ive nefer had a friend? watch

ReputationRep:
    I had just realized today that i have never had a freind?? am i alone on this or is it it normel?

ReputationRep:
    No, friends are over rated.

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to find genuine friends in any situation so no, not weird

ReputationRep:
    Going by your spelling, you probably called them all fiends and scared them away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    Going by ypur spelling, you probably called them all fiends and scared them away
    Awe no, that's a bit mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gimplord4000)
    I had just realized today that i have never had a freind?? am i alone on this or is it it normel?
    This is normal on TSR

ReputationRep:
    Ye it's not normal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends what you consider a friend.

The sort that comes and goes? The ones you don't really care about, you just have them to keep you company at times? The one's who you don't keep in contact with? I've had plenty. Most of us have.

The sort that you genuinely care about and trust that you keep in contact with? I don't believe you come across these sorts of people until you're at least in your 20's if I'm honest. Most people don't have many true friends at all, they might have a load of fake friends (see first description), but most people could count the amount of real friends they have on one hand.

Can't say I've had any genuine friends either, and I wager I'd find it hard to find some, in the past I'd surround myself with the wrong sort of people, many of whom I considered friends at the time. I'd trust them and have it thrown back in my face, not just from people I had known for a year or two, but people I went to primary school with, really old 'friends', people who I thought I could trust... Sad to say, this led to some pretty dark thoughts at times. These days... I honestly have a hard time consciously trusting anyone..

Granted, I had some 'friends' that were decent, but it never really moved from fake friend to real friend.

TL;DR...
    It's not weird at all if you ask me. Just don't surround yourself with A-Holes for fake friends like I did.

-Anon since I don't really want people pestering me about certain things, I won't go into detail in this thread either-

ReputationRep:
    I'll be your friend!!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.