Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I think I have food issues watch

Announcements

ED TW

Spoiler:
    Show
    I really hate eating food sometimes and have tried to starve myself in the past and have body issues and have come very close to making myself throw up on more than one occasion. On the other hand, sometimes I can eat way way too much in one go like I have absolutelty no self control and then I just end up feeling really bad afterwards. I feel like I'm making up my issue in my head, but could it be something kind of serious?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    ED TW
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I really hate eating food sometimes and have tried to starve myself in the past and have body issues and have come very close to making myself throw up on more than one occasion. On the other hand, sometimes I can eat way way too much in one go like I have absolutelty no self control and then I just end up feeling really bad afterwards. I feel like I'm making up my issue in my head, but could it be something kind of serious?
    I usually go by the "If it worries you- look into it" rule. Yeah some people will have times they don't eat much or that they stuff their faces and that's totally normal, but the fact that it worries you suggests that there is probably a bit more underlying circumstances behind it.
    I would suggest you look up eating disorders on sites like mind.org or nhs direct and probably also see a doctor if nothing else than to put your mind at ease. It's hard to say online if you do have got a problem, but a doctor will be able to make sense of things and also explain it to you and advise you of what to do. I would expect they might suggest counselling or therapy for you.

A lot of mental health problems (including EDs) start gradually so it's often worth adressing things at this sort of stage when it would be easier to deal with, before things get too serious.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.