The Student Room Group

The School memories thread :D

Now that schools ended for(most) of us(year 11) ,i just want to speak about the memories of school for e.g

What you'll miss:
What you'll be happy to leave
Your general experience
Random :P

I'll start

What i'll miss : Most of my classes that i won't take for A levels(Science and R.E mainly)

Truanting useless lessons(P.E lol)

Some teachers.. that actually cared lol.

My friends that will leave to other schools instead of going to the one i am going to.

The chill social breaks and lunch,always chilling at break and lunch (when i was free)

Knowing the Ins and Outs of the school,the pros and cons of each teacher,the potential reactions to actions

What i'll be happy to leave:
The chavs!!.Idiotic people to be honest,nothing better to do,who disrupt lessons they're not even part of and their general crappy attitudes.

The annoying year 7s and year 8's who act "hard"

Some crappy subjects like DT product Design and the language i do.

Spending majority of my lunchtimes going to DT sessions,finishing coursework,mostly being useless lol!

DT product design coursework in general,have no passion for that lol.

General experience: I loved the social life during year 7 and 9.Year 8 i was a bit antisocial lol and year 10 was a bad year for me socially and i wasn't fulfilling my academic potential

Random:Year 8 and 7 were the years which didn't matter at all.Man life was good!
I left school a few years ago, but I thought I'd answer anyway!

What I miss: nothing

What I'm happy to have left: the horrible/annoying people there (both classmates and teachers), PE lessons (I regularly used to feel so overwhelmed that I'd almost be breaking down in tears from the anxiety of it!), the people who used to bully me, the drama, the lessons I had to sit through in pointless subjects (food tech, music etc).

My general experience: awful (bullying, being left out by my 'friends', anxiety from PE lessons etc). I wanted to leave from the day I started!
(edited 7 years ago)
Miss: being around a group of people I was familiar with, teachers that you could have top lad bants with, and simpler times in general.

Happy to leave: :erm: not much.. some tosspots I suppose.

General experience.. could be better, could be worse. My yearbook photo is literally so bad, and I'm not just saying that.

Wish I had studied more and got all A*s in GCSEs but oh well :redface:
I'm leaving on friday, but I will miss my friends and my favourite teachers the most. :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
I left school a few years ago, but I thought I'd answer anyway!

What I miss: nothing

What I'm happy to have left: the horrible/annoying people there (both classmates and teachers), PE lessons (I regularly used to feel so overwhelmed that I'd almost be breaking down in tears from the anxiety of it!), the people who used to bully me, the drama, the lessons I had to sit through in pointless subjects (food tech, music etc).

My general experience: awful (bullying, being left out by my 'friends', anxiety from PE lessons etc). I wanted to leave from the day I started!

Aw im so sorry man.I saw your posts though,i believe you have a computer science degree?
Well atleast your making something of yourself,the same can't be said for your tormentors.
Original post by Blancosdos
Aw im so sorry man.I saw your posts though,i believe you have a computer science degree?
Well atleast your making something of yourself,the same can't be said for your tormentors.

I haven't got a degree yet, I'm starting BSc Geoscience this September though :smile:
I left school two years ago now.

What i miss: Throwing things across the classroom at lunchtimes! That was brilliant fun! We all had assigned jobs too! We had to provide a certain throwing item. I was the paper supplier (for planes and balls)!
Thats all i miss tbh!

What im happy to have left behind: Everything else! The teachers were crap! The lessons made me fall asleep! A lot of the people were *******s! And werent very nice to me, i was fun of a lot for being quiet! And ugly too!

General Experience: There were some fun times but the end wasnt pretty.
I missed school for about 6 months, but not anymore
I miss seeing friends everyday, having hilarious inside jokes and nice teachers, also it was nice not having the constant presume of trying to decide what to do as everyone was making decisions for you lol

Don't miss, the rude people, immaturity, waking up at 7am every week for band and boring lessons :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by FireFreezer77
I left school two years ago now.

What i miss: Throwing things across the classroom at lunchtimes! That was brilliant fun! We all had assigned jobs too! We had to provide a certain throwing item. I was the paper supplier (for planes and balls)!
Thats all i miss tbh!

What im happy to have left behind: Everything else! The teachers were crap! The lessons made me fall asleep! A lot of the people were *******s! And werent very nice to me, i was fun of a lot for being quiet! And ugly too!

General Experience: There were some fun times but the end wasnt pretty.

Thats pathetic.Quiet people shouldn't be mocked and who were they to judge your looks.Wow you must come from a pretty crap school,what do you do now,have you left that school?
What you'll miss:Nothing.
What you'll be happy to leave:colone:verything.
Your general experience:s-smilie:urrounded by idiots.
Original post by Blancosdos
Thats pathetic.Quiet people shouldn't be mocked and who were they to judge your looks.Wow you must come from a pretty crap school,what do you do now,have you left that school?

It sure is!
Thankyou! I appreciate that!
Well thats all they did to me!
Yeah it was pretty crap!
Im at college now, however its worse than school! A lot worse!!!
Original post by FireFreezer77
It sure is!
Thankyou! I appreciate that!
Well thats all they did to me!
Yeah it was pretty crap!
Im at college now, however its worse than school! A lot worse!!!

How.Can't you leave the college?Man i hope it gets better for you
The only thing I miss is French and catering lessons. And also seeing all my friends

Other than that I hated high school. I don't miss the teachers, pe lessons, science lessons, stupid presentations, *****es, immature boys, pointless drama or rude ass people who make racists comments.

Even if you paid me £1m I still wouldn't want to go back. I'm glad that's all in the past. Ever since I've started college I've been much more happier.
Generally really hated secondary school. Had an incredibly *****y time there unfortunately and was more than happy to leave, leaving was probably my best memory.

Having said that, there was definately fun parts. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the subjects I did, the outgrageous things that happened at my school lol. I did make quite a few good friends and we really don't speak. I am unsure if I miss them or not though.
(edited 7 years ago)
What you'll miss:

I will miss the friends that I spent everyday with, i'll miss the teachers from sixth form even the ones i couldn't stand. I'll miss walking through the corridors in sixth form and having those moments when you think of a past event that change who you are, in the very spot your staring at, the ghosts of people and memories passing through you, and knowing now you wish you could relive them all. i'll miss the individual smell of each corridor and certain classrooms, some of fresh paint, some of air freshner.

What you'll be happy to leave:
The drama. The heartbreak and death of someone i was naive to care about so much when it wasn't all great. The jealousy and hatrid towards one girl in particular for 4 whole years who made most of my days miserable but without her i wouldn't be as strong as i am now.

Your general experience:

Life changing, changed me as a person and taught me so many things.

Random:

Babycakes.
Mr B
Netball
Losing £50
French lessons
chebs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending