The Student Room Group

Advice needed.

Unfortunately, I have been bedridden over the last few days. Have had a horrible cold and headache. Meaning, that I have not been able to go to school. Haven't been able to do any revision... Also, I have not been able to finish my last piece of English coursework yet - due to being ill. I heard that they are being moderated this week, however, mine is obviously unfinished. As only 10% of the year group have their work moderated - do you think that my teacher will still mark my work and hand it back if I miss moderation? Don't want to have to wait until the end of year eleven to get my work back. Please comment your thoughts about that! Have so much other work to catch up on also.
Original post by ?Hannah
Unfortunately, I have been bedridden over the last few days. Have had a horrible cold and headache. Meaning, that I have not been able to go to school. Haven't been able to do any revision... Also, I have not been able to finish my last piece of English coursework yet - due to being ill. I heard that they are being moderated this week, however, mine is obviously unfinished. As only 10% of the year group have their work moderated - do you think that my teacher will still mark my work and hand it back if I miss moderation? Don't want to have to wait until the end of year eleven to get my work back. Please comment your thoughts about that! Have so much other work to catch up on also.

I highly doubt your teachers would have moderated your work, but if you're at all worried, use the school email (if you have one) to ask her and to express your worry. I remember when I was doing my English coursework last year and there were quite a few pupils who had missed lessons due to illness or appointments, so they were given the time they missed in another lesson, or after school. Don't worry, you'll get it done. And, as for the amount of work you have to catch up on, honestly, don't worry; just focus on getting better, and then when you get back into school, your teachers will help you to get everything organised again :smile: Get well soon :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by KirstyBishop
I highly doubt your teachers would have moderated your work, but if you're at all worried, use the school email (if you have one) to ask her and to express your worry. I remember when I was doing my English coursework last year and there were quite a few pupils who had missed lessons due to illness or appointments, so they were given the time they missed in another lesson, or after school. Don't worry, you'll get it done. And, as for the amount of work you have to catch up on, honestly, don't worry; just focus on getting better, and then when you get back into school, your teachers will help you to get everything organised again :smile: Get well soon :smile:

Hello,
Thanks for this, yes for my coursework we are able to do it outside of school. But I still haven't managed to get it done in time - due to mental health issues and stuff. I was meant to hand it in tomorrow - but I am going to be unsuccessful regarding that. So, have emailed her and have asked if I can have until Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest