Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ex ended things because we were too different for it to work long term..... Watch

When my ex ended things I blocked him from all communication so I never got an explaination. I recently unblocked him and messaged him. He explained he had really liked me but felt he had to end things because he knew we were too different for it to work long term.
    We were different people. I was very sociable and had a lot of friends whilst he was painfully shy most of the time. We also had different tastes in a lot of things. But I never thought to end it because of that. I thought I liked him and I don't care about these differences.
    So when he gave this as the reason I took it as a personal attack.

How would you feel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When my ex ended things I blocked him from all communication so I never got an explaination. I recently unblocked him and messaged him. He explained he had really liked me but felt he had to end things because he knew we were too different for it to work long term.
    We were different people. I was very sociable and had a lot of friends whilst he was painfully shy most of the time. We also had different tastes in a lot of things. But I never thought to end it because of that. I thought I liked him and I don't care about these differences.

How would you feel?
    Insecurities man, it sucks I know. Bite the bullet and move on, plenty of lads waiting.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well.. that is a mistake on your part. If I'm honest, I can't see how you've got there. Well, I can see how you've got there actually, you said that you don't really understand things from his perspective, or things that were troubling him didn't trouble you so you can't really see what's going on, which is why you've got there.

From the point of view from a shy person, it can be difficult to engage someone who is extroverted, and you know, talking about things and making conversations can be quite difficult at times, especially if you do it frequently. Also, someone who's fairly sociable is always out doing things, you know, and has like new life experiences etc to talk about whereas someone on the shy side.. maybe not as much.

But you also should never have unblocked him or messaged him, and never should. Otherwise you'll never get over him, or stop feeling upset, or angry, or any of those things.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.