Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

She thinks I'm her boyfriend...but I'm not! watch

So I got talking to this random girl over the internet. We met on a language exchange website and she's from France. Anyway after a couple of weeks she started to claim that we were in a relationship but I never explicitly said "no".

The thing is that I don't really believe that you can be in a relationship with someone until you've met them, but she's kind of hot so I almost like the idea of being in a relationship with her without actually being in one, if you know what I mean?

But now it's getting to a point where I'm starting to think that I'm leading her on and I reckon that she'll travel to the UK at some point, maybe soon. Then what the hell am I supposed to do? I don't think that saying "sorry love, it was just a joke" will cut it :/
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I got talking to this random girl over the internet. We met on a language exchange website and she's from France. Anyway after a couple of weeks she started to claim that we were in a relationship but I never explicitly said "no".

The thing is that I don't really believe that you can be in a relationship with someone until you've met them, but she's kind of hot so I almost like the idea of being in a relationship with her without actually being in one, if you know what I mean?

But now it's getting to a point where I'm starting to think that I'm leading her on and I reckon that she'll travel to the UK at some point, maybe soon. Then what the hell am I supposed to do? I don't think that saying "sorry love, it was just a joke" will cut it :/
    If you're not interested, then I'm afraid you have to make that clear. Painful yes. But less painful now than in the future, for you and for her.

ReputationRep:

Is she not good looking?
    Why do you rule it out in the future?

(Original post by SeanFM)
    If you're not interested, then I'm afraid you have to make that clear. Painful yes. But less painful now than in the future, for you and for her.
    I forgot to mention that she even changed her Facebook status to "in a relationship". I'm just kind of going along with it at the moment because I'm too nice a guy to tell her the painful truth.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I forgot to mention that she even changed her Facebook status to "in a relationship". I'm just kind of going along with it at the moment because I'm too nice a guy to tell her the painful truth.
    I am sorry to hear that. It must be awkward. It's painful now, but worse if she comes over and wants to see you.

You're better of being honest with her this whole playing along thing could end up very badly. I think you should make it clear as to where she stands with you.

(Original post by M14B)
    Is she not good looking?
    Why do you rule it out in the future?
    That's the thing, she is quite hot. I don't even know why she's into me, to be honest and I'd certainly take advantage if I was the pump and dump kind of guy. But unfortunately I'm not and as you can probably tell by her actions, she's a bit immature which would make meeting her quite awkward, let alone a relationship. :lol:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.