Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    -----

ReputationRep:
    London Met

ReputationRep:
    If you have evidence then you should notify the exam board and also tell the universities, but if you dont the unis will probably not take it into consideration as to them you could of just made it up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nishakaur1996)
    Hey everyone I was wondering if you could tell me what over the years has been the lowest grade to study maths in clearing! I really want to stay in London for uni so do you know any universities who accept low grades for maths. I feel like I am going to get AAD (A in Maths and History and D in Further Maths)

So far I think in UMS I have got:
    C1- 82UMS
    FP1-80 UMS
    S3: 70UMS
    C2: 90UMS
    M1: Grade U
    FP2: Grade D/E
    S1- 77UMS
    D1-63UMS
    C3-78UMS
    Provided I get A in C4 and S2 I can get an A overall for maths but I think I'm going to get a D in further maths because I didn't do well in M1 and FP2.
    My offers are Kings College London AAA and Queen Mary AAB
    Any advice I realllly really enjoy maths and I really want to do it at uni ... I have had personal circumstances at home but haven't told the exam board I'm not sure what to do... Can I email the university to inform them that I have had family problems just so that they can take my grade in consideration because I feel that it has emotionally affected me and otherwise I have revised and done my work. Advice please!
    Blunt truth: You've missed your place at KCL but you still have a shot at getting into QMUL through clearing as there was this boy in my Maths class last year who did Maths/History/Chem and he got ACC(BBC) on results day with the A in Maths and he managed to get a place to study Maths at QMUL despite being -3 grades below entry requirement. I saw his Uni ID card so Ik he wasn't bs :lol:
    Nonetheless, if the course is in clearing you could look at 1-2 grades below and having a shot at it but providing you score well in the subject you want to study.

Also, have you considered applying to City university for Maths? They ask for ABB, which is more of a realistic chance of getting in if they are in clearing than QMUL but anything is possible if a course in clearing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Blunt truth: You've missed your place at KCL but you still have a shot at getting into QMUL through clearing as there was this boy in my Maths class last year who did Maths/History/Chem and he got ACC(BBC) on results day with the A in Maths and he managed to get a place to study Maths at QMUL despite being -3 grades below entry requirement. I saw his Uni ID card so Ik he wasn't bs :lol:
    Nonetheless, if the course is in clearing you could look at 1-2 grades below and having a shot at it but providing you score well in the subject you want to study.

Also, have you considered applying to City university for Maths? They ask for ABB, which is more of a realistic chance of getting in if they are in clearing than QMUL but anything is possible if a course in clearing

Yeah I kind of realised KCL is out of the question now but I was hoping for Queen Mary since they tend to be lenient sometimes! Yeah I was thinking about city I suppose I wouldn't mind going there in clearing I think it would be my next option if I didn't get into Queens so fingers crossed!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.