The Student Room Group

Worried! Resit questions

What is the lowest grade I can get to resit an as?

Can I resit an as and do the a2 at the same time?

Can I resit certain modules if it was not the whole a level that was bad?

Can I resit and stay within the same college/sixth form?

(Maths edexcel a level btw)
Original post by TheRealLifeBane
What is the lowest grade I can get to resit an as?

Can I resit an as and do the a2 at the same time?

Can I resit certain modules if it was not the whole a level that was bad?

Can I resit and stay within the same college/sixth form?

(Maths edexcel a level btw)

OK, I'm not doing Maths A level but I've re-sat an Edexcel AS this year so thought I'd share my experiences.

Lowest grade - you can resit it with any grade if you pay (and you most likely WILL have to pay, so be warned).

Can you resit an AS and do an A2? - yes you should be able to. I re-sat an AS and did the A2 in the same exam season.

Can you resit certain modules? - I didn't do Maths, but I was able to re-sit just one AS paper and leave the other alone.

Can you resit and stay? - yes! It shouldn't be a problem.

Different schools and colleges have different policies about it though. Make sure you talk to your teacher. :smile:
Thanks for the help
Original post by AnnieGakusei
OK, I'm not doing Maths A level but I've re-sat an Edexcel AS this year so thought I'd share my experiences.

Lowest grade - you can resit it with any grade if you pay (and you most likely WILL have to pay, so be warned).

Can you resit an AS and do an A2? - yes you should be able to. I re-sat an AS and did the A2 in the same exam season.

Can you resit certain modules? - I didn't do Maths, but I was able to re-sit just one AS paper and leave the other alone.

Can you resit and stay? - yes! It shouldn't be a problem.

Different schools and colleges have different policies about it though. Make sure you talk to your teacher. :smile:

Again thanks for the help but how much would I have to pay and how/when do I apply for a resit?
Again thanks for the help but how much would I have to pay and how/when do I apply for a resit?

I think it's around £30 a subject.

As for applying for a resit, your teacher should be able to help with that. Generally all you need to do is hand in a cheque to the exams office and ask to be entered for the exam. Make sure you know which unit(s) you're resitting!
Reply 5
Thanks for the help

I personally contacted edexcel to ask about resits for next year and they said you can retake anything you want including old spec AS and A2 exams so don't panic
Original post by fefssdf
I personally contacted edexcel to ask about resits for next year and they said you can retake anything you want including old spec AS and A2 exams so don't panic

Yup however for old spec it will be last time to resit so be warned and be entered for the right exams,including practicals.

Quick Reply

Latest