Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi There!

I'm just trying to find out how/when students starting their first year at Huddersfield will find out their first semester timetables?
    I'm studying psychology with criminology.
    I'm 22 so leaving full time work to study and am going to be working part time and just wanting to give them days i will be at university in first semester.
    Does anyone know where/when these are available?

Thanks in Advance :-)

X
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi Kerry - induction and registration for new students will take place w/c Monday 19 September. The term dates for 2016/17 are all listed here: https://www.hud.ac.uk/students/keydates/termdates/#2017

Hope this helps and we look forward to meeting you in Sep

Thanks,
    UoH

ReputationRep:
    Not really what im looking for.
    Wanting to know how many days i will actually be in university for my chosen course?
    like which days will i have lectures, which days will i not.
    When/where are these available?

ReputationRep:
    Timetables in most universities are in flux generally until a couple of weeks before term starts
    They need to know who is coming, as clashes will exist with people who are combined students.

Once numbers are finalised, the draft timetables are amended.

Bear in mind that you would be most unwise to consider getting a job until you understand the commitments that you are expected to make. Most courses expect you to be available 5 days a week for non timetabled group sessions. Generally Wednesday afternoon is set aside for sports events, but your commitment is not just timetabled lectures.

ReputationRep:
    I fully understand the commitment.
    I also just have to be able to fund myself, I'm keeping the same Job I've had for the last two years as i've been full time. I am shortening my Hours and days, i was just simply asking if there was any way to find out the days and time's of my course.
    I am fully aware of the commitment, hence why i have waited until i was at a more stable point in my life before applying to university.

But thank you for your opinion and Comment.

ReputationRep:
    New students will be able to access their new timetables from 5th September
    Hope this helps
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Kerry59H)
    I fully understand the commitment.
    I also just have to be able to fund myself, I'm keeping the same Job I've had for the last two years as i've been full time. I am shortening my Hours and days, i was just simply asking if there was any way to find out the days and time's of my course.
    I am fully aware of the commitment, hence why i have waited until i was at a more stable point in my life before applying to university.

But thank you for your opinion and Comment.
    Hi Kerry59H - We'd recommend you email [email protected], this is the main email for admissions onto the course. They should be able to put you in touch with the course tutor who can advise you on your timetable. Would this help to answer your query? UoH

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.