The Student Room Group

London Transport help

I need to go from Wembley Central to Oxford Circus Station for an important meeting.
I don't normally go to London so i have limited experience of tubes and knowing which colour means what (the last time i was there i got lost and ended up miles away!).

Does anyone know if this is a easy route^? Google maps says it's a tube so do i need to be aware of the different colours?

And do you normally pay with people or with machines?

(I get that these probably sound like stupid questions but i live in Wales with one main train station. I can't afford to screw it up tomorrow.)
Reply 1
Original post by snowystarks
x

I'll assume you mean Oxford Circus Tube Station! The easiest way is Wembley Central, get on the Bakerloo line ('brown':wink: toward Elephant & Castle (Southbound Platform 2 from Wembley) get off at Oxford Circus.

Otherwise, at Wembley Central, you need to get the London Overground towards Euston Rail Station. Get OFF at Queen's Park Underground. Then take the Bakerloo Line (brown) towards Elephant & Castle, get OFF at Oxford Circus.

I believe you can pay with both, but I've only ever used the machines.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by celloel
I'll assume you mean Oxford Circus Tube Station! The easiest way is Wembley Central, get on the Bakerloo line ('brown':wink: toward Elephant & Castle (Southbound Platform 2 from Wembley) get off at Oxford Circus.

Otherwise, at Wembley Central, you need to get the London Overground towards Euston Rail Station. Get OFF at Queen's Park Underground. Then take the Bakerloo Line (brown) towards Elephant & Castle, get OFF at Oxford Circus.

I believe you can pay with both, but I've only ever used the machines.

Thank you! I'm hoping that once you enter the station it will be easy to find the colours/right station?

I feel better now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by snowystarks
I need to go from Wembley Central to Oxford Circus Station for an important meeting.
I don't normally go to London so i have limited experience of tubes and knowing which colour means what (the last time i was there i got lost and ended up miles away!).

Does anyone know if this is a easy route^? Google maps says it's a tube so do i need to be aware of the different colours?

And do you normally pay with people or with machines?

(I get that these probably sound like stupid questions but i live in Wales with one main train station. I can't afford to screw it up tomorrow.)

Do you have a contactless debit/credit card?
If so you don't need to buy a ticket, just hold the card against the yellow card reader at the barriers to get in and out of the stations and it automatically charges your card.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending