Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to do A levels Biology and Chemistry at a level because I really enjoy them. My school requirements includes a B in all modules of Chemistry,Biology and Physics.

I've done the double award of science so have already got my grades in core science. I got an A in Biology and Chemistry and a B in Physics. However this year when taking my additional I've messed up and let stress get to me.

I didn't perform as well as I could have as I didn't revise to best of my ability. If I'm lucky to pass Biology and Chemistry there's no way I could pass Physics I left out so many questions. I guess I just want to know my options of what I can do.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Lea170)
    I really want to do A levels Biology and Chemistry at a level because I really enjoy them. My school requirements includes a B in all modules of Chemistry,Biology and Physics.

I've done the double award of science so have already got my grades in core science. I got an A in Biology and Chemistry and a B in Physics. However this year when taking my additional I've messed up and let stress get to me.

I didn't perform as well as I could have as I didn't revise to best of my ability. If I'm lucky to pass Biology and Chemistry there's no way I could pass Physics I left out so many questions. I guess I just want to know my options of what I can do.
    Wait until you get your results then speak to your school. There's not much else you can do. If you really want to do these A levels and your school won't let you, would you be prepared to study them elsewhere (or perhaps study them yourself from home)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lea170)

(Original post by Snufkin)
    Wait until you get your results then speak to your school. There's not much else you can do. If you really want to do these A levels and your school won't let you, would you be prepared to study them elsewhere (or perhaps study them yourself from home)?
    Hi firstly don't worry try talking your school before hand and try talk it over with them. They are however most likely going to say wait until results day but it may make you feel better talking to them. Also don't worry it's natural to think you have done badly I thought I got 25/60 30/60 in my core additional and what not and got A's. It is usual to feel bad this guy in our school missed 2 pages still got an A lol. Do not worry. Also while im posting I should tell you A-level especially sciences are seen as really hard general consensus. You need to be really prepared. Also why do you want to do these subjects if your doing that well in GCSE? I am not trying to sound pessimistic just want to know your reasons. You stated one that you enjoy it which is always a good start but why do you enjoy it? Is it because you think it will get into your field? It will make you look smart? etc I know these things sound stupid but so many people pick subjects for the wrong reasons as mentioned above. Do what you enjoy, what you think you will do well in and relax. Life is full of twists and turns

ReputationRep:
    How many sixth forms/ colleges have you applied for?? My friend and I were going to switch to a sixth form away from our secondary school, but she didn't get the grades for science and ended up going back to the sixth form attached to our old school. If you've applied to more than one place, then it shouldn't be difficult to get in to the science courses as long as you get like Cs or something because one of the places you've applied for will have those grade requirements hopefully.

If you've not applied to anywhere else then I guess you could ring around schools on results day and see if they have any more places but I doubt that they will to be honest, most interviews and applications are due in in Feb/March time, mine was due in even earlier.

Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.