The Student Room Group

I'm voting to leave as two fingers up to the French

I always thought I would vote to remain in view of the uncertainty surrounding a leave vote. I then however took heed of the 'consequences' with which France has threatened us, and I thought '**** YOU!!! I'm British (from one of the best countries on the planet and won't be towed into submission by threats. Go and eat your ****ing frogs, horses and foie gras and stop telling us what to do'.

And as for Angela Merkel, she can mind her own business n'all. It's also because of her opening the floodgates that I want to leave.

So yes, tomorrow I'll be ticking leave as 2 fingers up to the French. Tbh, the only people who are scared are the unskilled EU migrants who realise they'll now need to prove their actual worth to Britain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

This is simply embarrassing, I'm ashamed to be British.
Reply 2
You need to re-evaluate your life
Lol what.
LOL please say this is a joke

Of course there's going to be negative consequences to leaving, would you rather they didn't tell us beforehand so we can take it into consideration when we vote?

It's this stupidly nationalistic "we're British and we can do anything" attitude which will be the death of this country. Of course Britain will survive outside of the EU, but surely you would prefer Britain to thrive within it? Being in the EU doesn't mean you have to suddenly stop being proud of being British; in fact EU membership amplifies Britain's voice on the world stage so, if anything, staying in is the patriotic thing to do.
Reply 5
Original post by JRKinder
LOL please say this is a joke

Of course there's going to be negative consequences to leaving, would you rather they didn't tell us beforehand so we can take it into consideration when we vote?

It's this stupidly nationalistic "we're British and we can do anything" attitude which will be the death of this country. Of course Britain will survive outside of the EU, but surely you would prefer Britain to thrive within it? Being in the EU doesn't mean you have to suddenly stop being proud of being British; in fact EU membership amplifies Britain's voice on the world stage so, if anything, staying in is the patriotic thing to do.

The patriotic thing to do is say '**** OFF EU' and we'll make Britain great again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by floury
The patriotic thing to do is say '**** OFF EU' and we'll make Britain great again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for nicely proving my point about blind patriotism. Look at yourself, you sound like Donald Trump. Leaving the EU will only diminish our voice on the world stage, which is the opposite thing to making Britain 'great again'. It is pretty much a fact now that we'll be economically worse off, Parliament will more than likely vote to keep us in the single market if we do vote to leave the EU which means we'll have to accept free movement no matter the outcome, so even the immigration argument of the leave campaign is utterly flawed. Contrary to what people seem to think, it is Parliament that will be making the decisions after the referendum vote, not the leave campaign, and Parliament overwhelmingly wants Britain to remain in the single market.
Reply 7
People talk about the rights the EU has secured. We gave the world the Magna Carta for God's sake. Our nation is far more stable than any other and is in many best country in Europe. We don't need th EU, so as I said, let the French busy themselves with eating snails and horses, and let us do our own thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by floury

Posted from TSR Mobile

"Build a wall and make the French pay!"

:mob:
You vote for whatever you want champ. It's your right to vote for what/who you wish, regardless of how poor or nonsensical your reasons for choosing them are.
Reply 10
Original post by alevelstresss
This is simply embarrassing, I'm ashamed to be British.

And you can **** off n'all. VOTE LEAVE EVERYONE!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Your father should have pulled out.
le lol

:pierre:
Reply 13
I'm going to try and get on TV tomorrow by going to a polling station where the cameras are and hold a sign saying BYE BYE EU, YOU WON'T BE MISSED. Would it be better if I also painted my face with the Union Jack for further effect?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by floury
I always thought I would vote to remain in view of the uncertainty surrounding a leave vote. I then however took heed of the 'consequences' with which France has threatened us, and I thought '**** YOU!!! I'm British (from one of the best countries on the planet and won't be towed into submission by threats. Go and eat your ****ing frogs, horses and foie gras and stop telling us what to do'.

And as for Angela Merkel, she can mind her own business n'all. It's also because of her opening the floodgates that I want to leave.

So yes, tomorrow I'll be ticking leave as 2 fingers up to the French. Tbh, the only people who are scared are the unskilled EU migrants who realise they'll now need to prove their actual worth to Britain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In just under 150 words, you have successfully managed to summarise why Britain will probably not be voting to leave the EU. This is why people aren't taking us seriously... smh.
Original post by floury
I'm going to try and get on TV tomorrow by going to a polling station where the cameras are and hold a sign saying BYE BYE EU, YOU WON'T BE MISSED. Would it be better if I also painted my face with the Union Jack for further effect?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I'm sure you're the only nutter who has considered such publicity stunts.

My mate nearly ran over a guy running across a dual carriageway carrying a "vote leave" sign yesterday.

Incidentally the people dressed in dominos pizza boxes half a mile later had a much bigger impact on his future decisions.
Reply 16
Original post by AnnieGakusei
In just under 150 words, you have successfully managed to summarise why Britain will probably not be voting to leave the EU. This is why people aren't taking us seriously... smh.

Oh if you love the EU so much, go and get a job in Greece. Oh wait, there aren't any. It's a piss poor third world country caused by the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting analysis by David Cowling, head of political research at the BBC:

“It seems to me that the London bubble has to burst if there is to be any prospect of addressing the issues that have brought us to our current situation. There are many millions of people in the UK who do not enthuse about diversity and do not embrace metropolitan values yet do not consider themselves lesser human beings for all that. Until their values and opinions are acknowledged and respected, rather than ignored and despised, our present discord will persist. Because these discontents run very wide and very deep and the metropolitan political class, confronted by them, seems completely bewildered and at a loss about how to respond (“who are these ghastly people and where do they come from?” doesn’t really hack it). The 2016 EU referendum has witnessed the cashing in of some very bitter bankable grudges but I believe that, throughout this 2016 campaign, Europe has been the shadow not the substance.”

That sums the Remainers point of view up nicely I think. They've landed on their feet, through no genius on their own part, thye were just on the right side of the housing bubble, and now find themselves property millionaires, and cant and wont look beyond the end of their own noses. Its the 'Im alright jack' screw everyone else philosophy, of the Remain camp.
Original post by floury
Oh if you love the EU so much, go and get a job in Greece. Oh wait, there aren't any. It's a piss poor third world country caused by the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In case you haven't noticed from my wording, I'm a ******* Brexiter. And it's views like yours that make the whole lot of us look like deranged fanatics.
Reply 19
Vote leave! Show those frog eaters we can go it alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending