Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

We will NOT LEAVE: DEMOCRACY IS NON EXISTENT. Watch

ReputationRep:
    If David Cameron wants to remain in the EU, we will and that is the end of the story. It's like when everyone was voting for Scotland to remain in the UK or leave. Before the votes were collected the end result had already been established. The UK cannot survive without Scotland; it obtains most of its crude oil from them. The whole purpose of holding the referendum was to create the illusion that we are a democracy.

We are in the same position again.
    Regardless of how many vote to leave, it will not happen.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, gotcha. Can I have a tin foil hat too? This looks fun.

ReputationRep:
    Conspiracy theories

ReputationRep:
    Cut the man some slack. To be honest, this really wouldn't surprise me. It has happened in history on many occasions, be it elections or other democratic polls. Doing so would most likely strengthen Cameron's somewhat-weak position. You also have to remember that even if we do leave, parliament will be the ones which determines what democracy is. The same parliament which backs staying. In this instance, it wouldn't even surprise me if the poll was rigged to leave in order to gain the popularity from the lower / working classes, in which we will still maintain in an EU-like state anyway. Although it seems redundant, "staisficing" could work out well for the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    Although the OP comes across as paranoid, any political campaign that unites such popular figures as Gordon Brown, Tony Blair, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Jean-Claude Jucker and Victoria Beckham should indeed raise an eyebrow and be treated with the appropriate level of scepticism (the appropriate level being a full-body spacesuit with portable oxygen supply).

Peace out

ReputationRep:
    We're all just brains in a vat anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gladders)
    Ah right, gotcha. Can I have a tin foil hat too? This looks fun.
    We will see tomorrow, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    i hopo we dont my bes friend is from albana!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.