The Student Room Group
Have fun! Although I have no idea where that is.

I'm off to do the same things in Bali on Monday.
enjoy and do please buy me a pencil and i will give you my address and you can post it to me. :rolleyes: :wink:
Toodles and have a good one, you're coming to my neck of the woods, you poor thing.

You'll cope without UKL for a week, imagine what it would be like for me to do so! :eek:
Reply 4
I doubt you will have much chance of sun, unless you lucky enough to avoid the area of low preasure sweeping the country again. I guess you have missed the worst of the bad weather though and it should brighten up after the weekend.

I hope you enjoy your holiday anyway.
lilsunflower
Have fun! Although I have no idea where that is.

I'm off to do the same things in Bali on Monday.

have a good time!

Cornwall is the most southwesterly tip of england. its (i hope) one of the sunniest bits of england. there are great beaches!:smile: :biggrin:

i should send a postcard!
Reply 6
http://www.bbc.co.uk/whereilive/yourarea/

:mad:

Its the pattern for all of the summer really though, when I went to wales a few years ago the weather was awful but I still enjoyed it.
tis_me_lord
Toodles and have a good one, you're coming to my neck of the woods, you poor thing.

You'll cope without UKL for a week, imagine what it would be like for me to do so! :eek:
lol i already am in your neck of the woods, if by that you mean the southwest! see my location- glorious devon!
Reply 8
This is probably a better link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/
scarlet ibis
lol i already am in your neck of the woods, if by that you mean the southwest! see my location- glorious devon!

Sorry, i'm not very observant, i'm in a rush to reply to people on about 5 different threads. :redface:
amazingtrade
This is probably a better link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall/

Thanks for the link, very helpful of you. It does look beautiful - now I know what an English beach looks like..
But I'm looking foward to my Bali trip anyway :smile:
Reply 11
lilsunflower
Thanks for the link, very helpful of you. It does look beautiful - now I know what an English beach looks like..
But I'm looking foward to my Bali trip anyway :smile:

Cornwall is not typical of an english beach, Blackpool probably is, full of 60 year old fat people dressed in fake rubber boobs, countless fish and chip shops, rough scally infested bars, and sod all to do. And people wonder why I hate Blackpool.

At least Cornwall is pretty.
Reply 12
amazingtrade
Cornwall is not typical of an english beach, Blackpool probably is, full of 60 year old fat people dressed in fake rubber boobs, countless fish and chip shops, rough scally infested bars, and sod all to do. And people wonder why I hate Blackpool.

At least Cornwall is pretty.

Cornwall is real pretty. I'd prefer to go to Cornwall than somewhere like Spain (provided the weather is nice in Cornwall) because south coast of Spain is basically a "Little Britain." Imagine all the obese, pale-skinned Northerners of Britain all culminating on a litter-strewn beach, their backs glowing red with sunburn and shouting "Oi, Jimmy, pass us a burger from Maccy D's down the beach." Yeah, you guessed it, in a country which is famed for traditional dishes such as paella, there is a McDonalds on the beach, and it is heaving with fat Brits. The sea was full of litter, and people were swimming amongst plastic bags, garbage from ships and God knows what else was floating around in there. Really, it was not pleasant. Honestly, the beeches at Cornwall (and Dorset) are just idyllic compared to Spain. :biggrin:
I will not be going on holiday for about a year, when I will be going to japan hopefully
Reply 14
glance
Cornwall is real pretty. I'd prefer to go to Cornwall than somewhere like Spain (provided the weather is nice in Cornwall) because south coast of Spain is basically a "Little Britain." Imagine all the obese, pale-skinned Northerners of Britain all culminating on a litter-strewn beach, their backs glowing red with sunburn and shouting "Oi, Jimmy, pass us a burger from Maccy D's down the beach." Yeah, you guessed it, in a country which is famed for traditional dishes such as paella, there is a McDonalds on the beach, and it is heaving with fat Brits. The sea was full of litter, and people were swimming amongst plastic bags, garbage from ships and God knows what else was floating around in there. Really, it was not pleasant. Honestly, the beeches at Cornwall (and Dorset) are just idyllic compared to Spain. :biggrin:

I am going to Northern Spain in two weeks time:mad: However I do have a brain so I am spending 4 days in a 4 far hotel is the posh destrict of Barcelona and then 3 days in Lloret the little britian thing (I have never been to any where like that so it will be an experience). I would like to go to Cornwall but it must be as far as Paris from me!
Reply 15
amazingtrade
Thanks, I am quite streetwise so I should be ok, is their muggings down there is it more pick pocketing?

more pick pocketing, i started to put my wallet in my side jeans pocket (as uncomfortable as it may seem!).

i was in barcelona a few weeks ago and really liked it - i even ventured across to barcelona zoo and went to the football stadium for a half-day. really enjoyed the hol.
Reply 16
timeofyourlife
more pick pocketing, i started to put my wallet in my side jeans pocket (as uncomfortable as it may seem!).

i was in barcelona a few weeks ago and really liked it - i even ventured across to barcelona zoo and went to the football stadium for a half-day. really enjoyed the hol.

I think I should enjoy it, I like city holidays, there is no way I can spend a week in a little britian type place. I am only going to Lloret as an educational experience to see if the stereotypes of the germans getting to the beach first is true:tongue:
Reply 17
amazingtrade
I think I should enjoy it, I like city holidays, there is no way I can spend a week in a little britian type place. I am only going to Lloret as an educational experience to see if the stereotypes of the germans getting to the beach first is true:tongue:

You mean you don't like "local" resorts for "local" people..?! And yes, the stereotype about germans is true; the sunbed towels are out before the owl has found a place to sleep for the night.
Reply 18
timeofyourlife
You mean you don't like "local" resorts for "local" people..?! And yes, the stereotype about germans is true; the sunbed towels are out before the owl has found a place to sleep for the night.

DAMN!! I really wanted to be arkward and spoil that stereotype, I mean't I don't like the idea of British 18-30 type resorts, they just sound so rough and ville, but I guess Lloret maybe a nice ideal in between as I will like the night life side of things, I just don't like the fact people get so drunk and become louts.
Reply 19
amazingtrade
I mean't I don't like the idea of British 18-30 type resorts, they just sound so rough and ville,

...and there's me thinking that was just the reps! Don't forget your german phrase book, if you only did german up to GCSE (or not at all) then, like me, it becomes difficult beyond asking what they have in their pencil cases.

Latest

Trending

Trending