Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i got my AS's today
    french - A
    german - A
    general studies - A
    economics - A
    history B (d'oh) (4 marks off A, got a C in one paper!) teacher v cross with me cos at GCSE got 11A* and 1 A in history!!!!!!!

question about UMS marks, how is this done, for some of my modules i got 90/90, this doesn't mean i got every question right though does it, like in general studies i got 97/100 100/100 and 97/100, what does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess)
    Hello, i got my AS's today
    french - A
    german - A
    general studies - A
    economics - A
    history B (d'oh) (4 marks off A, got a C in one paper!) teacher v cross with me cos at GCSE got 11A* and 1 A in history!!!!!!!

question about UMS marks, how is this done, for some of my modules i got 90/90, this doesn't mean i got every question right though does it, like in general studies i got 97/100 100/100 and 97/100, what does this mean?
    No it doesn't necessarily mean you got 100% raw marks in the exam. You may have only got about 85% (or perhaps even lower), but this has been subsequently scaled up to give you 100/100 UMS. Congratulations on those excellent results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowei)
    No it doesn't necessarily mean you got 100% raw marks in the exam. You may have only got about 85% (or perhaps even lower), but this has been subsequently scaled up to give you 100/100 UMS. Congratulations on those excellent results.
    my friend got 100% in 2 modules in a2 economics abd the other was a u! they must have marked it wrong surely! it was aqa, dont they pick up stuff like that, she said she was very happy with that exam- oh oh, scandel again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    my friend got 100% in 2 modules in a2 economics abd the other was a u! they must have marked it wrong surely! it was aqa, dont they pick up stuff like that, she said she was very happy with that exam- oh oh, scandel again!
    Yeah, it does seem strange. I got an unexpectedly low mark for one of my AQA German units (40/90 (E)) despite getting A's in all the others. I went in to the college today, and it appears that every other student on the course got low marks for it too. I am seriously thinking of appealing against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowei)
    Yeah, it does seem strange. I got an unexpectedly low mark for one of my AQA German units (40/90 (E)) despite getting A's in all the others. I went in to the college today, and it appears that every other student on the course got low marks for it too. I am seriously thinking of appealing against it.
    go for it, my girlfriend (kates) got moved up a grade last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    go for it, my girlfriend (kates) got moved up a grade last year

What annoyed me, Ollie, was that the 40/90 mark prevented from getting an A overall. I got 469/600, so that's a mere 11 UMS marks from an A. Ironically, I would have still got a grade B overall even if I'd have got 0/90 for this unit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rowei)
    What annoyed me, Ollie, was that the 40/90 mark prevented from getting an A overall. I got 469/600, so that's a mere 11 UMS marks from an A. Ironically, I would have still got a grade B overall even if I'd have got 0/90 for this unit!
    lol appeal, but did u get what u needed? i guess i doesnt really matter if u did

So dus a guy have to do the 6th module if he gets 480 or more off 500? I meen it absolutely dusnt make sense to do it dus it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    So dus a guy have to do the 6th module if he gets 480 or more off 500? I meen it absolutely dusnt make sense to do it dus it?
    You need to be entered for it, you DONT have to sit it, just take the 0, or what may show up as an "X" for "No result".

It's unlikely that you'll know going into a session the results of the previous 5 units to put you in such a situation - depends on how they are sat I guess.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.