Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Had anyone changed their mind regarding the vote over the last week or so, and if so why?

Yeah

I realised I agree with neither side, and that they are both extremely annoyingly childish in their campaigns, very low on facts and figures, and more about rhetoric, synthetic outrage, and party politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Yeah

I realised I agree with neither side, and that they are both extremely annoyingly childish in their campaigns, very low on facts and figures, and more about rhetoric, synthetic outrage, and party politics
    Will you be voting at all tommorow? And to be honest i agree with you, i think both parties have simply been playing bat and ball with each other and most debates are centered about who can make up the best figures to scare the others and i think this whole campaign has done not much but fuel hatred in society.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I have changed from Remain to Leave.

ReputationRep:
    listening to the so-called arguments from both sides is like being touched up by an insecure jellyfish.

the most sensible comments were those of Mr Soros.

i have been against withdrawal from the start.

ReputationRep:
    I used to think we should leave but then I read advice from the experts and found out it would be a stupid gamble with no guarantee of any improvement to the country. Leaving on the other hand would guarantee our economy takes a hit and it wont be as easy to go on holiday to Europe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Yeah

This just isn't true, and it's a lazy way of taking no responsibility.

Britain Stronger have been sharing a lot of facts, there's been a lot of economic research, a lot of discussion about the laws the EU gives us. If you haven't seen any facts it's because you haven't bothered looking.

(Original post by JordanL_)
    This just isn't true, and it's a lazy way of taking no responsibility.

Britain Stronger have been sharing a lot of facts, there's been a lot of economic research, a lot of discussion about the laws the EU gives us. If you haven't seen any facts it's because you haven't bothered looking.
    I didn't say there were no facts, I said the facts were few and far between, and often overlooked by the campaigns themselves. If we are lucky enough to hear some numbers, they are often manipulated, as is the way in politics.

Until relatively recently, one of Remain's main tactics has been to scream "racist!" at Brexiters, and generate loads of synthetic outrage, meanwhile the Brexiters vastly overestimate a lone Britain's clout in the world, and ignore experts.

Neither side is perfect, and to admit such isn't a 'lazy way of taking no responsibility', its showing a dislike of how politics is done in this country.

Besides, more irresponsible than not making a decision, is rushing to make a decision with insufficient thought behind it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.