Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a bizzare question that I have asked HMRC and they presented me with a automated reply that didn't help at all! I was kicked out of my mothers house a year or so ago, I moved in with my partner and am very happy, he wishes to take me on holiday however, I do not have a passport.
    I have my birth certificate, however as this is my first adult passport I will require documentation from my mother which she refuses to provide me, same with my father, is there a way I can get my first British Adult passport without their documentation, believe me I have tried, there are extremely reluctant, this was the closest forum I could find to potentially help me out.
    I cant even open up a bank account under my name as the only documentation I have to say I am me is a letter from university and a birth certificate, its ludicrous and evil , however, that's the way they wish to behave.
    So any idea's?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    You should be able to get copies of your parents documents. There will be a charge for these though.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by HarleyQinn)
    I have a bizzare question that I have asked HMRC and they presented me with a automated reply that didn't help at all! I was kicked out of my mothers house a year or so ago, I moved in with my partner and am very happy, he wishes to take me on holiday however, I do not have a passport.
    I have my birth certificate, however as this is my first adult passport I will require documentation from my mother which she refuses to provide me, same with my father, is there a way I can get my first British Adult passport without their documentation, believe me I have tried, there are extremely reluctant, this was the closest forum I could find to potentially help me out.
    I cant even open up a bank account under my name as the only documentation I have to say I am me is a letter from university and a birth certificate, its ludicrous and evil , however, that's the way they wish to behave.
    So any idea's?
    How old are you? Have you spoken to the passport office? What is it exactly your mum is meant to be providing?

Which bit on here is causing you trouble?
    https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult...-you-must-send

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarleyQinn)
    So any idea's?
    you can get copies from the local council where their births were registered

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.