Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, So me and my brother do not get on at all I'm 19 and he's 17 and I basically just ignore him completely even though we live in the same house because he is just a horrible person but today he thought that I had left for work already so he opened my bedroom door and then realised I was in there so didn't come in, I was really suspicious cause he is not allowed in my bedroom and he never goes in there so I checked on my money that was hidden in there because I knew that he was going out today and was begging our mum for money this morning. I counted my money and realised that almost 400 pounds was missing, I last counted it a month ago and it was all there then. I don't know what to do, obviously if I confront him about it or my mum does then he will just deny it. Can I call the police on him? What will they do because I have literally no proof whatsoever but I am 99% sure it is him whose been taking it and if not then one of my other brothers must have. 400 pounds is a lot of money to me and I can't afford to just let this go. Does anyone have any advice for me?

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought your parents would be the first port of call. Surely they would take you seriously if £400 has gone missing.

I suspect you'd struggle to get the police to do anything if you have zero proof.

Incidentally, why do you have such large sums of cash stored in your bedroom? The bank would be a much safer place for it.

ReputationRep:
    Tell your mum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elivercury)
    I would have thought your parents would be the first port of call. Surely they would take you seriously if £400 has gone missing.

I suspect you'd struggle to get the police to do anything if you have zero proof.

Incidentally, why do you have such large sums of cash stored in your bedroom? The bank would be a much safer place for it.
    I will most likely tell my mum when she gets home from work but she basically just lets my brother get away with everything and I'm sure she'll ask him about it but if he denys it then I doubt she will do much else. I am paid in cash at work and my nearest bank is ages away from my house so I normally save my cash and once every 2 months or so I will put it in the bank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TatumFall)
    I will most likely tell my mum when she gets home from work but she basically just lets my brother get away with everything and I'm sure she'll ask him about it but if he denys it then I doubt she will do much else. I am paid in cash at work and my nearest bank is ages away from my house so I normally save my cash and once every 2 months or so I will put it in the bank.
    Ah I see, that is rough.

I suggest you invest in a small safe or something. It's ridiculous and you shouldn't have to, but it sounds like it's necessary.

I hope your mum takes the matter seriously - she should. This isn't a children's fight, this is theft.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.