Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so i just did a mock exam for my maths paper and it is next year i sit the real one but omg it was so hard i even had to miss out questions, i don't know how to revise because i don't know what will come up and if i look online there is nothing there because its the new exam. any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hindleycharl2001)
    Okay so i just did a mock exam for my maths paper and it is next year i sit the real one but omg it was so hard i even had to miss out questions, i don't know how to revise because i don't know what will come up and if i look online there is nothing there because its the new exam. any advice?
    specimen papers online are good practice for the new exams.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a revision guide and workbook that matches the examiner and tier (higher/foundation) you are entered for. Your school may recommend one or even sell them on at discounted prices, ask your maths teacher. Your school may also supply Mathswatch CDs that are a terrific revision resource. Other online sources of help are currently updating their sites to reflect the new curriculum so keep asking on TSR about good revision resources that people find.

Use the specimen and practice papers produced by the examiners to find your strengths and weaknesses, the revision guide to revise weak topics and the practice workbook to consolidate improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had a look at the specimen papers for the new 9-1 specification on mathsgenie. Oh boy, they do look harder than the old spec papers, some of the questions I've never even learnt before (new curriculum). Practice questions on topics that you cannot get your head around it, you'll eventually get used to it. Revise on everything that you've been taught so when the questions come up, you won't panic because you've revised that part.

ReputationRep:
    was your test a pixil version or from the exam board

(Original post by Evilstr99)
    I had a look at the specimen papers for the new 9-1 specification on mathsgenie. Oh boy, they do look harder than the old spec papers, some of the questions I've never even learnt before (new curriculum). Practice questions on topics that you cannot get your head around it, you'll eventually get used to it. Revise on everything that you've been taught so when the questions come up, you won't panic because you've revised that part.
    could you link me to specimens you found on maths genie?

ReputationRep:
    they seem impossible to me, the thing is, I don't enjoy maths due to my teacher as i feel I haven't learnt anything this year, I don't know where to look for topics? any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    they seem impossible to me, the thing is, I don't enjoy maths due to my teacher as i feel I haven't learnt anything this year, I don't know where to look for topics? any ideas?
    nothing is impossible if you put your heart to it!
    I'm amiming for a level 9, and I know it won't be easy, but I won't give up so quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theBranicAc)
    was your test a pixil version or from the exam board

could you link me to specimens you found on maths genie?
    Certainly! The site is incredibly useful, has all the maths GCSE and A-Level past papers including worked solutions and Mark scheme
    http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/newpapers.html
    This has sample assessment papers from AQA, Edexcel and OCR.

ReputationRep:
    I have mine today you're getting me scared

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.