The Student Room Group

Can I get into uni with this?

Hi,

For my insurance university of Hertfordshire I need 260 ucas points.

So far I have an AS Physics grade C which I dropped so 40 points from that
I took up BTEC I.T subsidiary 6 units in which I should get a D*

So so far I should have like 180 points from that. So I need 80 more points which I can get from my A2's Maths and Sociology.

My question is if I get a C in Sociology and a U in Maths will I be accepted or will they need points from both the A2's? (I'm struggling with maths after, especially after that C3 exam lol)

Thanks
Have they explained exactly what they need? Or is just the amount of points? You may get more / better answers in the Applications and UCAS forum.
There are UCAS point calculators which can give you the total amount of points you would have based on the grades you think you're going to get.
http://www.universityfinder.org.uk/ucas-points-calculator.html
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gurj23
Hi,

So so far I should have like 180 points from that. So I need 80 more points which I can get from my A2's Maths and Sociology.

My question is if I get a C in Sociology and a U in Maths will I be accepted or will they need points from both the A2's? (I'm struggling with maths after, especially after that C3 exam lol)

Thanks

It depends on the wording of the offer on Track. If it says ' 280 points from at least two full A levels', then no, you haven't made the conditions with a U in maths. However, I wouldn't imagine you're going to get a U.
Original post by Gurj23
Hi,

Thanks

Hi Gurj23,

Thanks for your message.

What course are you hoping to apply for?

Heather
Reply 5
Original post by Tiger Rag
Have they explained exactly what they need? Or is just the amount of points? You may get more / better answers in the Applications and UCAS forum.

thanks for the reply,

They say 260 points from a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent (BTEC Subsidiary)

I contacted them and everything is sorted, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending