Major blow for Cameron as EU boss tells PM: There’ll be NO more reform if you Remain Watch

LettuceBeReal
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
BRUSSELS’ top bureaucrat has slapped down David Cameron and warned the Prime Minister there will be NO more reform to Britain’s EU membership if the country votes Remain tomorrow.

European Commission president Jean-Claude Juncker today dismissed Mr Cameron’s eve-of-referendum pledge he will push for changes to migration rules if the UK stays in the EU beyond the historic referendum in less than 24 hours time.

It represents a major blow to the Tory leader’s hopes of persuading still undecided voters to vote Remain with the promise of a further renegotiation of Britain’s relationship with Brussels.

In a newspaper interview today the Prime Minister said he can “guarantee” a Remain result will give him the mandate to push eurocrats for greater reform of the 28-country bloc.

Read More:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...-reform-Remain
Betelgeuse-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Reform ahahah
drogon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
tbh he didnt even endorse the IN campaign and hes not the only person in charge of making these decisions
ODES_PDES
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Didn't we know this already?
Magnus Taylor
Badges: 15
Report 3 years ago
vote remain
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (11)
9.09%
Disagree (6)
4.96%
Neither agree or disagree (41)
33.88%
Agree (46)
38.02%
Strongly Agree (17)
14.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise