Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Application didn't ask for my date of birth anywhere, yet says I'm not old enough. I said I was under 17. Job says 16+. (Brand representative). What should I do? I turn 16 on 10 July' and interview is on 15 July so should I try and apply again on my birthday? Thanks🌻🌻
    It says I don't meet the education requirement, but people aged 17 work there which is only a year older than me...
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by aieshacaitlin)
    Application didn't ask for my date of birth anywhere, yet says I'm not old enough. I said I was under 17. Job says 16+. (Brand representative). What should I do? I turn 16 on 10 July' and interview is on 15 July so should I try and apply again on my birthday? Thanks🌻🌻
    You can either apply again, or I'd probably recommend that you phone up and speak to someone to explain that although you're under 16 at the minute, by the interview you would be of the required age as hopefully that way they would still allow you to attend the interview.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.